my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Trivium (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Trivium
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 04, 2007 15:40     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've just found out that they'll be live in London at the Hammersmith Apollo in April.

From the few tracks I've heard by these guys - all still in their teens/early 20s, apparently - they sound a bit like what Metallica would have evolved into if they hadn't recorded that Load, Reload and Anger Management crap, or even the black album.

What do you guys think? Should I buy a ticket?

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 04, 2007 15:48     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No! Nooo! Nooo!!!
Come & see Therion instead.
Cheese is good. & it's probably cheaper.

--------------------

String em up

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 04, 2007 15:50     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! Where and when?

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 04, 2007 15:59     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
trivium = butt-rock

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 04, 2007 16:08     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
LOL! Where and when?

21st at Mean Fiddler (I think.. still have to get tickets d'oh!)

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 04, 2007 16:10     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw them playing before ..... Metallica.
Didn't do a thing for me at all. Go and see Celtic Frost instead, they'll be visiting London soon.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 04, 2007 16:23     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
& Trouble - 30 May

Celtic Frost was the best gig easily last year, so definately going to that one!

--------------------

String em up

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 04, 2007 18:24     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't make it on 21st unfortunately. But I'll keep an eye on that band, as well as Trouble and CF. Not a huge fan of the latter, but I'm sure they're awesome live.

I'm still curious about Cheesium despite your comments. The Apollo is pretty near to where I live, and if the tickets are only £20 as it seems, I can spare the time and money and check them out - if the alternative is staying at home in front of the TV (or the PC!).

After all, I went to see Nightwish without being a fan of theirs, and it was an all right kind of night out.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 04, 2007 19:26     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i liked trivium A LOT when i saw them... for three songs... but then they kept playing those same three songs over and over... but whatever, there's worse bands than that out there.
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 05, 2007 09:26     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, if I go to their gig, I'll make sure to either a. listen to only three songs or b. love those three songs so much that I won't mind them being played over and over again

--------------------

mrpunchy
VoivodFan
Member # 970

posted January 05, 2007 10:59     Profile for mrpunchy   Email mrpunchy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nobody said Trivium are perfect but they're not bad anyway. The old record was a bit on the emo meets heavy type (I love Ascendancy) but the new one sounds a lot like Testament and it's influenced by old school all over the place. There are some small icks in the lyrics--just listen to first track "Ignition". Heafy can write and play well (se RR United, Heafy's version of a King Diamond song), but the band's desperately looking for a signature sound. Musicianship is awesome.

--------------------

Black is death, life is the metaphore.
MrPunchy

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 05, 2007 12:23     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The whole Hetfield worship turns me off.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 05, 2007 13:28     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
The whole Hetfield worship turns me off.

Give them a break, Skul - I worshipped Hetfield when I was 14 too. And you! You had his mullet.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 05, 2007 14:08     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We all worshipped Hetfield in the 80s. These guys are too young to have seen him in his prime. It's not their fault if he's the shadow of his former self now.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 05, 2007 14:21     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't. I worshipped Kirk Hammett. Much fitter. hawhawhaw
Although I did also have Hetfield's mullet.

--------------------

String em up

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 05, 2007 14:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blah blah blah... the 80's were 20 years ago anyway.
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 05, 2007 15:36     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I worshipped Kirk Hammett. Much fitter.

LOL! Admittedly, his hair was gorgeous at the time. But Hetfield was Hetfield - nuff said

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 05, 2007 17:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I worshipped MUSTAINE

If ya do go to the show make sure you post a reveiw here so we know how it was.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 05, 2007 17:51     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hammett was gay in the 80s... and not much has changed in 20 years.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted January 05, 2007 17:59     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What I've heald flom Tlivium is pletty ok, not speciar, not bad eithel. But WHY, FUCKING WHY, arways mention 'Tarrica. Ok, Tlivium lesembres 'Tarrica a bit, but not that much. Fuck 'Tarrica, they'le dead. Ignole them arleady.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 05, 2007 18:04     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I probably would have worshipped Mustaine too, if only he didn't have the most annoying Donald Duck voice in metal

I'll buy a ticket one of these days and then get back with a review. Incidentally, I find it pretty absurd that the ticket should cost £16.50 if you pay cash in advance at the door, but be over £20 if you book online or on the phone. Luckily, I can simply walk there.

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 05, 2007 18:54     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Angelrat has bitten his tongue.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 05, 2007 19:08     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Appalently so.

I'm finishing a job with a tight deadline (sigh) while listening to the Rock Show on XFM and yes, they're playing Trivium! They sound all right to me.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 05, 2007 21:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hellrider typed "I probably would have worshipped Mustaine too, if only he didn't have the most annoying Donald Duck voice in metal"

HA HA HA I never thought of it that way but now that ya mention it...
I like his vocal because I always thought he had a unique voice, just like Snake and his cool accent, but now thanks to you I'll probably picture Dave with a big duck bill whenever I listen to Megadeth!!!!

What's up AngelRat, I never read you so fucked up before... very funny, especially because it's still understandable.

--------------------

yawn

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 06, 2007 02:50     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Angelrat has bitten his tongue.

Angelrat is three sheets to the wind!

Seriously, I never liked these new "nu-metal" bands disquised as actual "metal" bands just because one or two of the members have long hair.

Take for instance: Lamb of God, or even Shadows Fall...They almost work, but something's still missing in the ingredients. For starters, I believe being genuine helps.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan