my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Goodbye 2 0 0 6 (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Goodbye 2 0 0 6
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 02, 2007 13:27     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
mineral water with a slice of lemon (I'm a teetotaller)

A tee... a what? I do not understand. How can such things be?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

|  IP: Logged
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 02, 2007 14:08     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! I know, I know! But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy life otherwise

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 02, 2007 14:22     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome Hellrider! Would be great to have another VVF meet-up soon.

New Years Resolution here has to be to lose the cake-&-pie Xmas belly... before I start losing my status as some kind of a sadistic body fascist, hehe. Can't have that.

--------------------

String em up

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 02, 2007 14:45     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
My ex hubby

Awwww SHIT!

I did it again!

I called you dude.

100,000 apologies.

It's just that ...you know 'Hellrider' and all...

Awwww shit

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 02, 2007 15:00     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No problem whatsoever, Tangento! I didn't necessarily see Hellrider as a male screen name, but perhaps that's just me (what with being a long time Priest fan and all...)

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted January 02, 2007 17:58     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like tea.

Oh...and welcome, Hellrider!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 02, 2007 20:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll bet we all assumed Helldriver was a dude, until you mentioned "hubby"... so it's even that much cooler to have yet another kick ass lady on board. Count yourself among the best metal females on the net. The ladies here are all top notch, classy, will thrash out in a moments notice... I think my heart just skipped a beat.

You can remind Skull to mind his manners every now and then

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 03, 2007 05:06     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skul is nothing but a Gentleman. It's Mez you have to watch out for.

Anyway, Elton John has a 'hubby'.

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 03, 2007 06:20     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Anyway, Elton John has a 'hubby'.

Emlyn, you crack me up! However, Elton may well have a hubby, but I haven't got one any more.

And yes, I am female, honest.

Thanks again for welcoming me, guys and gals. I'm happy to be part of this community.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 03, 2007 08:41     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My best of 2006:

- The birth of my little girl.
- Absolutely not getting divorced. (I love my wife, what a sucker I am... )
- That priceless and unexpected gift called "Katorz".
- Doing lots of home improvements on my old house.
- Reading Emlyn's posts (and well, the posts of everyone here, really!).

Worst of 2006:
- Getting a belly.
- Spending way too much time on the Interweb (thanks ALOT guys )
- Mice (they spoiled my summer holidays and almost made my wife crazy and move out of the house)
- Still no sign of Piggy or Frank Zappa coming back to life.

Meg and vroom, congrats on the engagement! Not everyone is getting divorced, true love still exists!

And welcome Hellrider!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 03, 2007 08:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:

Meg and vroom, congrats on the engagement! Not everyone is getting divorced, true love still exists!

Ah-men brutha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted January 03, 2007 11:32     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
It's Mez you have to watch out for.

Aha, just what I was going to say But yes, welcome aboard Hellrider! 'Tis good to have you here - you can't go wrong with a Voivod and a Priest fan

...and welcome 2007....so far, so good....damn, what is that noise....oh, it's the baby crying! DOH! This will be an interesting year

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted January 03, 2007 13:08     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh thanks
It's kinda hard to get tired of eachother when we live 10 zillion miles apart hehe.

We will be fine, i'm sure of it

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 03, 2007 14:49     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh God, pardon my rude self-absorbsion! Completely disEnglish of me.

Congratulations Meg & Uffe! I've met these two for real so they are actual-friends. I am very pleased that they are enganged. Brain Scan as she comes down the aisle?

And I had NO idea! None at all. Could'ah knocked me oh-vah wi-vah feh-vah!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 03, 2007 15:26     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, congratulations fellas!

--------------------

String em up

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted January 03, 2007 16:50     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, I can't congratulate Meg and Uffe enough. Someday I'll meet ya again!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 03, 2007 20:32     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
cake-&-pie Xmas belly...

me likes cake & pie bellies!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 03, 2007 20:37     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
engagement? wow, congrats to u both!

and i too thought hellrider was a dude! D'oh!

EMK's posts are indeed fun to read. makes me wonder what's going on in her head! errr, his head! i am so confused!!!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 04, 2007 05:57     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have many conflicting thoughts and ideas inside my head but questions of biological gender are not among them.

Actually right now, after the Christmas/New Year period of gapless alcohol intake and cumalitive sleep disruption, there are no questions at all. It is just a fuggy cloud of uh?

I'm going to be 33 in February so any thoughts I can manage are of Jesus. Its all that Stryper I'm listening to.

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 04, 2007 07:29     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I think it's relatively easy to tell the gender of a person after they've been posting for a while - women and men usually appear to have slightly different styles. And I'm not counting in the references to tits and arse!

Emlyn, when I turned 33 my thoughts went to anything but to Jesus - try listening to some (classic) Slayer or Testament instead.

Seriously though, those Stryper guys are good musicians, IIRC (haven't listened to them for a while) so you're not necessarily in trouble with the cool police

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted January 04, 2007 14:55     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2006 - Hmm, wasn't too bad. Work sucks (that's a given in most cases) but Wacken was a great way to spend a couple of days. Will go again this year I reckon. Nothing of any real significance happened to me so I was either lucky or boring! Musically, we saw the triumphant return of Celtic Frost which made me hugely happy! It seemed to me that musically, this year seemed to be the year of the old guard showing the newbies how it's really done, with the exception of G'n'R of course. I hope 2007 brings the following:

1. A complete box set of Voivod's albums (on vinyl of course!)
2. Less divorces!
3. Some great kick ass metal
4. Good fortune to all but especially to the collective known as Voivodfan

A belated Happy New Year to you all!!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 04, 2007 15:10     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
It seemed to me that musically, this year seemed to be the year of the old guard showing the newbies how it's really done, with the exception of G'n'R of course.

Hehehehehehee

Yeah, when I turned 33 my thoughts were along the lines of "Jesus Christ"

You're all fucking old!!!

--------------------

String em up

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 05, 2007 14:13     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, how do you know we're so fucking old? We may not be that much older than 33, for instance...

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 05, 2007 17:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm OLDER than 33 that for sure but you'd never know it by the way I act the gray hair might be a give away however, but that's been with me since my 20's (thanks Mom).

I never if Em is serious or joking in most of his posts here, but I do enjoy reading them no matter what!!!

Ya know I did notice that during all the performances in the LIVE 8 Concerts, it was the classic rock bands that rocked the best. The Godfathers and Grandfathers of metal kicked ass and totally humiliated those 80's bands that performed and sounded like shit. Deep Purple, The Who, Floyd, were all brilliant. Audioslave, Def Lep and the rest sounded weak and lame.

--------------------

yawn

Zig
VoivodFan
Member # 972

posted January 08, 2007 15:14     Profile for Zig   Email Zig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like 2006 was a shitty year for a lot of us, I didn't get divorced but got as far as seeing a Solicitor (plus lots of other crap), so 2007 is going to be an interesting year - make or break! Where do all you other UK Voivodians live? I'm in sunny Bristol (whoop)

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan