my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Goodbye 2 0 0 6 (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Goodbye 2 0 0 6
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 30, 2006 21:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Cheers voivodfan.commers !
We finally had a decent snow(storm) here in the Land of Enchantment.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted December 31, 2006 01:52     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just hope 2007 looks a little brighter than 2006.

Or, at least it changes it's hairstyle.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 31, 2006 02:57     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2006 brought one dead friend, one shit-canned car, and a bunch of garbage left over after x-mas.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 31, 2006 08:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GOOD BYE, GOOD RIDANCE!!!! 2006 was a good for me; but, with the stress from the asshole suing my exwife and I over the house that he purchased from us (we won by the way) I'm glad I can put this year behind me. Looking forward to a great 2007 with lots of cool music, concerts,ultimate fighting events, movies, and less stress.

BRING IT ON

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 31, 2006 10:28     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2006 brought me lots of funn but also way to much stress at work and nearly divorced again. Things can only go way up in 2007.... Weeeehaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 31, 2006 15:51     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2006, eh...

My uncle died (I wasn't real close or anything, but it still sucks watching my cousins and aunt cry), I threw my back out twice, got further in debt with a new house that STILL doesn't have a fucking music room, almost got taken to court by the shifty builder (he backed the fuck away coz we were iron-clad), didn't get fuck all for work done recording-wise, gained a few too many pounds, my van got almost written off at Xmas 2005 and took almost 3 months to be repaired, my mom and dad are in the midst of a little health scare that's not easy to deal with, etc...lots of hassles and bullshit all around.

A few really good things though, best being watching my kids grow and learn, Leah's first day of school, Breaden starting to really develop his personality and learn lots of words and stuff, getting another new guitar and some wicked new tools, CDs, DVDs, etc. Saw some good concerts, wrote some good riffs, improved my playing some more, had some good food (hence the pounds mentioned above), but not enough drinks. Actually that's mostly a good thing. I kinda prefer sobriety and being in control.

All in all, I guess it's been okay. I'm alive and in general good health. I almost finished writing a new song today that I really dig. My wife and kids are awesome and my work loves me. I got snowed in today and couldn't make it in, and didn't get much hassle for it. It's -6 and 2 feet or so of snow and we're all going outside to play so...

I think 2006 will end on an excellnt high note.

Happy new year to all of you, my friends.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 31, 2006 16:18     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For the most part 2006 has been a good year for me. Lots of changes. I quit the job I'd had for 6 years. Went to Sweden for 3 months. Got engaged.

Here's to 2007 being even better!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted December 31, 2006 17:12     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 31, 2006 18:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:
Got engaged.

Here's to 2007 being even better!

That's awesome! Who's the lucky dOOd?

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted December 31, 2006 19:27     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 31, 2006 20:24     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At least the piece of crap called 2006 is over. Hope y'all have some good party goin' on! CHEERS!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 31, 2006 21:26     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:

That's awesome! Who's the lucky dOOd?

Um...a certain Swede familiar to most of you...I didn't think this was news anymore...

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 01, 2007 05:46     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meg! Congrats! (sorry, haven't been around much lately) To the rest of you who had a pretty crap year, (like I did) let's look forward to a huge, positive 365 days. I have quite a bit planned for this year, and if even a quarter of it gets done, life will be great again.

CHEERS!

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 01, 2007 08:01     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank FUCK 2006 is over!

1. Had major dental surgery replacing what used to be skull with something else I don't know what. Took a long time and hurt (but the dentist had great tits that she rested on my head).

2. Spent a year either having a hernia or recovering from having that damn (huge!) thing sewn up. More importantly, I lost my hard-won six pack! Vanity before mobility here.

3. Best man dropped stone-fuck dead from some anurysm.

4. 22 year old cat died.

5. Car engine died, then its replacement died, then I got the bill for £700 which I ain't got and ain't paid yet.

6a. Wife demands divorce

6b. Read wifes mobile texts and wish I didn't, but at least I get 6a now.

On the plus side, my guitar playing has really improved a lot this year. And I've had some wonderful times with my fellow VVFs (and indeed, former VV member). An awesome dog full of love has come bounding into my life. My hair looks good. My teeth don't look like chewed toffee.

I intend to spend 2007 practicing my guitar, working out again, not having anything shit happen like last year, getting a flat, and developing (from scratch) a full blown heroin habit.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 01, 2007 09:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, and I thought I had a bad year!

I'm pretty excited about '07. I actually joined a soccer league. 32 years old and playing fucking soccer. If I don't have a heart attack it should be pretty fun.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 01, 2007 10:25     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
6a. Wife demands divorce

6b. Read wifes mobile texts and wish I didn't, but at least I get 6a now.

appreciated.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 01, 2007 19:46     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My first post on this board - Hello and happy new year from London!

I made it a new year resolution to register after lurking for such a long time

I agree with those of you who believe it can only get better. And I've just gone through a divorce too. Touched rock bottom with that - the only way is up now. Let music be our salvation.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 01, 2007 22:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I have seen things you people wouldn't belive. Attackships on fire of the shores of Orion. I have seen c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All these memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." -Bladerunner

Hey VROOOM, funny you should have this as your signature now, since I just watched the movie the other day. They FINALLY remastered it, but I don't know why they didn't create a surround sound with the audio; however, it still kicked ass and was beautiful. It's been a long time since I've watched Bladerunner and I was patiently waiting for them to fix what I heard was an aweful dvd.

Welcome Hellrider

My NY rez: continue working out to try and stay in shape. I've been at it every other day for the last month or so, and it's amazing how much better I feel. Not bad for a 41 year old metal head. Also I'll try and get a grip on my uncontrollable music buying habit... if that's possible

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 01, 2007 23:23     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
Touched rock bottom with that - the only way is up now. Let music be our salvation.

Words of wisdom, dude. Welcome aboard.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 02, 2007 06:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
With all the divorced people we have here, we should set up a section for them so we can support each other through the rough times. half joking It certainly isn't an easy thing to go through no matter how you feel about your Ex. You usually don't marry someone with the intention of ever getting divorced... I know I didn't. So even though I knew it was the best thing for both of us it still hurt like a mutha to see it come to an end.

Life does move on, and things do get better. I learned a lot about myself in the times I've spent alone following getting divorced. I think I'm a much better person now. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

--------------------

yawn

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 02, 2007 06:54     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well said Schroeder. All VVF divorcés should meet somewhere, go see a good gig together, and start a club!

My ex hubby and I did manage to wish each other a happy new year, by the way - awww...

PS Thanks for welcoming me guys.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 02, 2007 09:11     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As always schroeder, you have the knack for saying the most sincere and heartfelt words...shit, I feel better and I'm not even married...much less divorced.

And hilloooo to you Helldriver.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 02, 2007 10:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
Well said Schroeder. All VVF divorcés should meet somewhere, go see a good gig together, and start a club!

My ex hubby and I did manage to wish each other a happy new year, by the way - awww...

PS Thanks for welcoming me guys.

Do almost divorced people count in too?? Oh please........

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 02, 2007 10:46     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard Hellrider! Another British VVF joins the ranks of doom. You oughta come along next time we have a London VFF get together.

I cannot make that sound any less cheesey - an internet meet-fer-reals. They are good times, but you ARE meeting people from the internet. Watch your drink.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 02, 2007 13:00     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you EKH. I'll be happy to attend future VVF get-togethers if I can make it.

I've met people from the internet before (not dates, though) and had no problems with them. In any case, I'm used to keeping an eye on my mineral water with a slice of lemon (I'm a teetotaller)

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan