my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What is the Most Impressive music For you ??? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: What is the Most Impressive music For you ???
L'Heavy
VoivodFan
Member # 655

posted December 10, 2006 02:57     Profile for L'Heavy   Email L'Heavy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It'S JUST FOR YOU TO ANSWER !!!
 |  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 10, 2006 03:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THRASH from the eigthees, a la Coroner, Destruction, Sodom, Kreator and Voivod (not really thrash, i think)

Also Anthrax (fistfull of steel) Metallica (first ones) Merciful fate (Melissa) and the likes.

From the now: Meshuggah, Celtic Frost, Opeth, Slayer.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted December 10, 2006 03:52     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dimension Hatröss.

--------------------

What the...?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 10, 2006 04:34     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yngwie

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 10, 2006 10:26     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That depends really, for me i would say as a group thing it would have to be Symphony. For most impressive with a solo instrument 'skill wise' i would choose Classical Guitar.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 10, 2006 10:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My vote would have to go HERE!
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 10, 2006 11:55     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You Go GIRL !

This chick is even more amazing, you can almost see both the left and the right hemispheres working togeather in harmony

wish i was that good.. heh !

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted December 10, 2006 13:13     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the most impressive as I seen lately.

eric Mongrain

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

Gorf.
VoivodFan
Member # 828

posted December 10, 2006 16:12     Profile for Gorf.   Email Gorf.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the newer Gothic Metallers ...

Tiamat
Lacuna Coil
Flowing Tears
Leaves Eyes
The Nephilim
Within Temptation etc.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 10, 2006 18:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trollz:
the most impressive as I seen lately.

eric Mongrain

C'mon Annki, Celtic Woman has got Eric beat by a mile!! I bet he can't sing like my angels...............

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 10, 2006 18:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If your talking acoustic guitar I'll take MICHAEL HEDGES. He met his untimely death a few years back in a car accident but left behind a catalog of amazing guitar work.

Bands like Porcupine Tree, King Crimson,Chroma Key, OSI(Kevin Moore's stuff)Faith No More, Peeping Tom, Tomahawk, Voivod (Killing Tech - The Outer Limits), Opeth, Thrice, etc... that push the envelope of music into new and different directions never fail to amaze me.

There are thousands of bands I love for many reasons, but the ones that are willing to alienate their fans for the sake of artistic creativity, but still know how to groove and get ya hooked, really make music interesting to these ears.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 10, 2006 19:04     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have to agree with Paul.. 80s (& early 90's) thrash ie Coroner, Voivod, Pestilence.

Best thing I heard this year was Monotheist, easily. Closely followed by the new P:FF tracks, hurry up with the album!

Oh yeah & I've plugged these before but I'll plug 'em again..

http://www.myspace.com/linearsphere

http://www.myspace.com/corpsing

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 11, 2006 02:56     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Have to agree with Paul.. 80s (& early 90's) thrash ie Coroner, Voivod, Pestilence.

Best thing I heard this year was Monotheist, easily. Closely followed by the new P:FF tracks, hurry up with the album!

Oh yeah & I've plugged these before but I'll plug 'em again..

http://www.myspace.com/linearsphere

http://www.myspace.com/corpsing

Matt, you are my kinda girl

--------------------

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted December 11, 2006 03:51     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
C'mon Annki, Celtic Woman has got Eric beat by a mile!! I bet he can't sing like my angels...............

Your angels huh, of course you like womem better. She is very good, agree with that. I prefer Men You have to agree Eric is very good with his style plying Airtap. Oh, have you seen Antonio Pontarelli HERE

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 11, 2006 05:19     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon6:
Dimension Hatröss.

This is fact.

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted December 11, 2006 06:07     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like a few others on this list - my most listened to type of music - its classic thrash.

Ya can't beat fun speedy stuff like Nuclear Assault, Testament, megadeth, anthrax, Exodus, Kreator etc for sheer musical fun.

Coroner, prong, Boltthrower,
& Dimension Hatross of course

Modern stuff - Tomahawk, fantomas (anything Mike patton actually!) Secret Chiefs 3, anathema,

For show off guitar players - Tommy emmanuel, Alan holdsworth, anything by the zappa ensemble, Richi Blackmore, Jimmy page, Jeffery Beck, & I spose I have a soft spot for Yngwie and michael angelo batio and vinnie amoore and the like - if only cos I shred too - but I know its total musical wank so I never actually listen to their music other than for academic reasons.

For quiet contemplation - stravinsky, mozart, caravan, wigwam, wally, king crimson, napalm death, madeline peyroux, the divine comedy, thea gilmour.

Black sabbath, ACDC, kiss, and led zeppelin also allow me to pass enjoyable hours and I have a soft spot for german thrashers RAGE -

(not rage against the machine, just RAGE!)

BUT MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MUSIC (other than Voivod):

"van der graaf generator" by a mile.

Some years I listen to nothing else!

And Peter Hammill's solo work too - his new album singularity has amazing stuff on it.

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 11, 2006 08:41     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After years and years of listening to it, I am still listening to "Nothingface" with awe. And I'm still wondering "how the fuck they do that?".
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted December 11, 2006 08:52     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh, so I could mention more than one or two:

Thin Lizzy still makes me 'going'
Led zeppelin
Deep Purple
Santana
UFO
Scorpions
RAINBOW with Dio and Blackmoore

VOIVOD - ANGELRAT *masterpiece*
Sigur Ros
The Mars Volta
BBY
Dr. Dark
Pain Receptor

This is a must see video: CLICK

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 11, 2006 15:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I LOVE THIN LIZZY!!!! Thanks for the link. Now I need to get that cd/dvd greatest hits that I keep putting off.

It always blows my mind when I can put on something that I've listen to a million times already and it still captures me the way it did the first time I heard it... that what makes a timeless masterpiece.

--------------------

yawn

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted December 11, 2006 16:45     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I LOVE THIN LIZZY!!!! Thanks for the link. Now I need to get that cd/dvd greatest hits that I keep putting off.

It always blows my mind when I can put on something that I've listen to a million times already and it still captures me the way it did the first time I heard it... that what makes a timeless masterpiece.

Hey I'm glad you like it. Personally I think the Live & Dangerous DVD is better than that greatest hits. I even got some live bootlegs from the kind guy on the other forum. I just love the live sound.

--------------------

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted December 11, 2006 17:05     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
After years and years of listening to it, I am still listening to "Nothingface" with awe. And I'm still wondering "how the fuck they do that?".

The small set they have done from NothingFace in 1989 at Musique Plus featured on Voivod DVD-1 crushed me everytime. They are so focus it's just insane and it's live!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 11, 2006 20:39     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The sound of my alarm clock impresses me quite a bit. Makes me wanna punch it... and i do.
Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted December 11, 2006 20:53     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:

Of all the records I have, It's the only one that works with any mood I'm in, from joy to anger or simply nostalgia...
For me, it's pure genius.

Beside that, I enjoy progressive rock (from the end of the sixties up to this day) and of course, some good metal.

Hey, even Piggy has stolen a trick or two from the dinosaurs like E.L.P, Van der Graaf, King Crimson, etc.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 12, 2006 06:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trollz:
Hey I'm glad you like it. Personally I think the Live & Dangerous DVD is better than that greatest hits. I even got some live bootlegs from the kind guy on the other forum. I just love the live sound.

Thanks again Trollz, I'd forgotten there was a Live And Dangerous dvd, which means one thing:
I NEED IT!!!!

I posted a link to the Gary Moore/Phil Lynott "Out In The Fields" video on the Youtube thread... great collaboration and is still a fav of mine.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 12, 2006 07:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check out Orion.
http://www.myspace.com/rodrigoygabriela

Apparently these guys are huge in Europe...I'd never heard of them.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan