my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Cooking

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cooking
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 30, 2006 10:54     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It suddenly dawned on me last month that instead of buying pasta sauce (like I have done for the past ten years) I could just use a tin of tomatoes, some herbs and an onion and get twice as much for a quarter of the price but have it taste far nicer and not have the MSG headache and greasy gut-rape feeling afterwards.

I imagine that I might get similar results should I apply this principle to other foods.

Do any of you 'cook properly' or do you opt for the Ready-meal?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 30, 2006 11:12     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A long time ago, in a thread far far away, we talked about shit like that. It was called "Gastronomy Domine".

Anyway, yeah, a quick tomato pasta sauce is amazing. Add some nice sausages to the mix, it's awesome. And if you're like me, add a little bit of sugar if the tomatoes give you stomach burns.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 30, 2006 11:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, put some fresh cream or Philadelphia in it too.. nice

--------------------

String em up

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted November 30, 2006 12:28     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
It was called "Gastronomy Domine".

Give that pun a massive kiss on the face.

To make a classic tomato sauce base.
To bruised garlic and a sprig of rosemary and fry very gently for a couple of minutes. Don't burn or brown too much; remove(can be bitter.)
Throw in a can of tomatoes(or fresh.); some tom. puree and tbsp of sugar. Fry and stir to thicken up.

Use as pizza base; sauce base; undercoat; whatever.

Taught to me by an actual Italian!

Yeah, I cook pretty much everything I eat. It's how I unwind - that, and heroin obviously.

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted November 30, 2006 13:00     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm Italian and grew up with awesome homemade pasta sauces, but I have no problem with Paul Newman's, Classico or...the other one...used to be Five Brothers, now it's something else. For a long time all that was available was crap, but these brands have made it good enough that I don't bother cooking it anymore. Even the Alfredo sauces they make are pretty good.

I hate cooking and I'm single, so I usually opt for a burrito from one of our various awesome, local taquerias.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 30, 2006 13:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Garlic into it is very tasty also. Not too much though, be nice to your collegues...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 30, 2006 16:19     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Garlic into it is very tasty also. Not too much though, be nice to your collegues...

Fuck that shit, load it up with garlic!

My wife cooks a mean spaghetti sauce. Use moose meat instead of ground beef and add a bottle of Moosehead beer to it and you're in for a fucking treat. And major farts later.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 30, 2006 17:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm single and don't keep much food on hand. I usually food shop for what I will eat for a day or two. Lunchmeat, grain bread, cheese crakers.. some things that will last me a few weeks without going bad. When I cook it's usually a nice big steak, medium rare so it's bloody and kicks me when I bite into it mmmmm... meat!!!!

I used to roast ears of garlic with olive oil and some spices on them. After an hour in the oven in a garlic roaster, it comes out soft and spreadable and tastes amazing on bread. Garlic tears my stomach up so I haven't had that for a while, but love the taste of it.

DAMN, now I'm hungry!!!

--------------------

yawn

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted November 30, 2006 17:55     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
When I cook it's usually a nice big steak, medium rare so it's bloody and kicks me when I bite into it mmmmm... meat!!!!

As my dad used to say to the waiter when asked how he liked his steak cooked... "Just knock the horns off and wipe its ass!"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 30, 2006 18:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anthony, Your dad certainly knows the right way to eat meat. If you can't taste the flesh, what's the point in eatting it?!?!?

I really gotta eat something NOW!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 30, 2006 21:19     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
As my dad used to say to the waiter when asked how he liked his steak cooked... "Just knock the horns off and wipe it's ass!"

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan