my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » EOLB News (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: EOLB News
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 29, 2006 22:28     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Our good friend Harry has news! Anguish rock? Have you created a new genre Harry? Is this related to emo? Say it ain't so! I said it last year and I'll say it again..I think this new one may be album of the year for 2007................

London-based anguish rock outfit END OF LEVEL BOSS returns to the road this week in the U.K. and Ireland. The band will be showcasing new material before entering the studio to record the follow-up to the 2005 release "Prologue". The as-yet-untitled album is scheduled for a May 2007 release through Exile On Mainstream Records.

Catch END OF LEVEL BOSS at the following venues:

Dec. 01 - Fibber Magees, Dublin (with SKYPILOT and HAIEETA)
Dec. 02 - Katy Daly¹s, Belfast (with SKYPILOT and LIBIDOSWITCH)
Dec. 04 - Freebutt, Brighton (with COLOUR HAZE)
Dec. 05 - Underworld, London (with COLOUR HAZE and DUSTEROID)

In other news, EOLB frontman H Armstrong can be caught playing bass for FIREBIRD (with GENTLEMENS PISTOLS and WINTERS) at the following venues:

Dec. 12 - Underworld, London
Dec. 13 - Fenton, Leeds
Dec. 14 - Independent, Sunderland
Dec. 16 - Croft, Bristol
Dec. 17 - Monkey Bar, Swansea

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 30, 2006 04:01     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey! The Monkey Bar. I'm the fuck down with that. You want a place to stay?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 30, 2006 05:58     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anguish rock? What the fuck.... The only anguish in EOLB is when the beer runs out.

Mike - good call on the Monkey Bar. I'll find out the plans and let you know. Cheers.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 30, 2006 06:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Once again EOLB does a tour and doesn't even think about coming to Delaware!!!!

Where's the love?

Have fun, save some beer for the audience H... or not.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 06, 2006 08:48     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pretty cool interview HERE...a year old but still fairly relevant I guess? Harry, I like how you prepare your lungs for singing.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 07, 2006 07:19     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh... it's the only way.

We just booked ourselves into a studio. 10 days starting Feb 2nd. New drummer, new guitarist, same old regurgitated voivod riffs! Gonna be interesting...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 07, 2006 11:40     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
heh heh... it's the only way.

We just booked ourselves into a studio. 10 days starting Feb 2nd. New drummer, new guitarist, same old regurgitated voivod riffs! Gonna be interesting...

Same hemp-friendly goodness, too!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 07, 2006 14:12     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Once again EOLB does a tour and doesn't even think about coming to Delaware!!!!

...and Seattle!

p.s. bring Mr. Steer with you!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 13, 2007 06:29     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The albums finished. Here's a vvf exclusive preview track. See wot yer fink:

"connortations"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 13, 2007 08:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy shit man! This one knocked me out of my chair.........felt like I was on a runaway elevator in a mineshaft.

We may be looking at album of the year for '07.................

All Hail King Harry!!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 13, 2007 09:31     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn h, that is fucking wicked! Reminded me a bit of Shellac, Voivod, Karp, and this other band called Collapse. You may have heard of them Very cool. Love that bass at the start. Was that a wah or an envelope filter?
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 13, 2007 11:07     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, pretty mindblowing. When will this CD be out for purchase ??

I hear some Voivod tunes in there for sure.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 13, 2007 12:10     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AS far as I know it's due out on May 21st. I'll let you know if anything changes.

We dusted off another of the ol' collapse tunes for this record too. Changed it around a bit though!

Oh, and that's a bass wah courtessy of nell on there. Enjoy!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 13, 2007 12:52     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking great tune H! Can't wait to hear the rest of the album! Very cool!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 13, 2007 12:54     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very nice

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 13, 2007 13:10     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My wife says it is horrible.

What does she know? :-)

--------------------

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted February 13, 2007 14:00     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's only good if you're a fan of cool ass shit! Other than that, it sucks pretty bad!

Damn fine work there H!

One of these days, Death & Taxe$ is gonna make it across the pond. Hope we can do some gigs together.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 13, 2007 14:14     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fucking hell

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 13, 2007 17:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OH MY DEAR FUCKIN' GOD!!!!!!

Blasting it now, and Nell gets this mutha groovin from the first note... fuckin brilliant. YOu're tellin me I have to wait til May for the rest.... DAMN iT mAN that's way too long, my ears need more. Kinda miss you vocal, but I'm sure they will be graced on other trax on the album.

Thanks for teasin us

--------------------

yawn

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted February 14, 2007 09:47     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
My wife says it is horrible.

Yea! That's a good sign. Tell her thank-you for the lovely compliment!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 14, 2007 18:58     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOVE THIS STUPH! YAH!!!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 16, 2007 10:30     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome Lady and Gent...and other band members.

Can't wait for the new disc.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 26, 2007 17:57     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dunno how i missed this first time around but holy fukk!!

I can't wait for the new disc to come out!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 28, 2007 00:00     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damn!!! that was fukin' great! Need a tambourine slapper??

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted February 28, 2007 07:49     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Hell yeah !

Somehow it reminds me of the tunnel chase scene in T1, its the atmosphere of the tune.
But that movie twisted me as a youth so its imprinted...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan