my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » OPETH - Ghost Reveries special ed...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OPETH - Ghost Reveries special ed...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 22, 2006 06:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I watched the documentary section of the dvd last night, and it's worth the price of this cd/dvd alone. One of the first things that grabbed my attention was Michael sporting a VOIVOD Killing Technology Logo T-Shirt in one of the first scenes of him in the studio... how cool is that???!!!

The documetary is incredible. Great insight on the band and their thoughts and ideas. It still saddens me about Martin Lopez's problems and him having to leave the band, yet nice to hear the door is open for him and they consider him family and just want to see him get better... who says metal heads don't have a heart?

The surround mix is pretty damn good, although the separation isn't as good as some of the other 5.1 discs I have, it does give the album a fuller sound and it's definitley what I'll be putting on when I want to hear Ghost Reveries. I wish more bands I enjoy would create 5.1 mixes for their albums. It gives the sound so much more life and the listening experience is second to none when it's done right. Voivod albums would be perfect for surround sound. Piggy's guitar sound would be swirling around you, Away's tribal drumming engulfing you from all sides, Blacky's blower bass pummelling the fuck out of your insides, and Snake's vocals blowing your mind from the front with echoes from the sides...

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 22, 2006 08:44     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool schroeder, thanks for the review. I will most definitely pick this up sometime soon.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan