my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » to my Voivodfan brethren...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: to my Voivodfan brethren...
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted November 08, 2006 22:33     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My dear Voivod brethren.....

Most of you that have posted at Voivodfan over the years know that I play guitar for several projects and some of you are even fans of my project Death & Taxe$ (www.cdbaby.com/deathtaxes2)

Well, I call on you guys once again for support. I try to keep these requests to a minimum so as not to appear like an opportunist. I truly am a fan of this site and of the mighty Voivod. Even though I don't post all that much, I visit every day (if not 5x a day!) Piggy was such an influence on my playing and thinking, and remains so to this day. As a matter of fact, there will be a small musical devotion to him on my forth coming Death & Taxe$ release.

But currently, I'm working in a project called Present Tense. While I understand that this particular group has little in common with many of the bands that are liked on this site, I feel that you guys are sort of my internet family. So even though I realize that many of you don't like this type of music (Present Tense is more of an alternative pop rock band), I'm kindly asking for your support in a contest we're involved in.
We've been nominated for "Indie Band of the Month" at Dave Navarro's internet radio site. If any of you want to support my effort, please go to www.spreadradiolive.com and Click on the Indie Band Contest link. Then scroll down and vote for Present Tense.
As always, any support I get is always appreciated. And if some of you don't think we're worth it, no worries! I totally understand. I have to admit, Present Tense probably sounds like a lot of bands that you guys hate. And I can respect that. But as for me, it has always been my goal to bridge the gap between creativity and pop sensability. Obviously, I don't always succeed, but I think Present Tense gets close to the mark without selling out. yes, we're a radio friendly band, but I hope there's enough edge and art to it to keep it respectable.
Anyway, things are going well for this band and we're getting some attention. And for the small chance that this band takes off and does well commercially in the next 2 years, I want you to know that I will fly the Voivod banner proudly! And everyone will know that the guitar player of this pop band called Present Tense is a fan of the guitar god Piggy and the mighty Voivod!
And for any of you that happen to dig our sound, please tell all your friends to vote for us as well.
In any case, thanks you guys for reading. If you guys want to check out some tunes first, go to our website and check out the tunes Promises Sweet and Homewrecker. They are definitely not metal songs, but it's as hard as we get. Our website address is www.PresentTenseBand.com

Thanks again!

your internet brother,
MeanMrMustard (vince)

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 09, 2006 01:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey y'all, help out a brotha send him love by casting your vote. You don't even have to give your email address, so whatta ya got to loose? I cast my vote, and I actually really dig Present Tense's cd, so it was a no brainer... besides, Mean Mr Mustard (aka Vince) is a damnngood friend and he's been around here since the start, hence the #57 ranking. So stop readin my post and cast him a vote. And if ya really wanna hear some groovy pop music with an edge and a kick ass axe slinger and superb female vocalist, buy the Present Tense cd.

rock on brothas and sistas

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 09, 2006 01:36     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm all over it bro.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 09, 2006 01:48     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The competition seems to be tough there at the moment...PT (my initials btw ) lead by one percent before I cast my vote. If anyone deserves a vote on that list it's you, I'm rooting for Present!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 09, 2006 05:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Done... I think. It wouldn't show me the vote results after voting, so it either didn't work, or I just voted 10 times. Good luck with this mate. Still digging the D&T stuff over here.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 09, 2006 06:24     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Present Tense gets my vote. I quite enjoyed this stuff actually.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 09, 2006 08:19     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there some kind of website or contest where we could actually vote for VOIVOD?

(BTW, good luck Vince!)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 09, 2006 17:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Is there some kind of website or contest where we could actually vote for VOIVOD?

(BTW, good luck Vince!)

I think we all cast our vote for Voivod when we purchased the new cd and vinyl and dvd... the vote that puts a little money in their pockets

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 09, 2006 19:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I voted for ya...

Sammy Allen from Seven Stitches is HOTTTTTT..Damn..I so wanted to give them the vote...lucky you're a VV fan Vince.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 09, 2006 20:17     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cha-ching, ding-a-ling-ling. got my vote.
it's a close race so i'm going back to vote as much as i can before the carpal tunnel sets in!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 10, 2006 09:34     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who needs to listen to the music before when you have a Voivod AND Beatles fan onboard?

You got mine, mate! Good luck with Present Tense and D&T!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 10, 2006 09:37     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez - if you vote with your dick then why are you a Republican?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted November 10, 2006 10:42     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahead by 2 percent when I cast my vote. Good luck dude

--------------------

Good lord ! How long ago was that???

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted November 10, 2006 13:52     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys rock!!!!!! Why am I not suprised? Best fans and best website on the planet......thanks guys...as always!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 10, 2006 21:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Mez - if you vote with your dick then why are you a Republican?

LMAO... luckily for us the Democrats have assumed control... now if we can just do something about our dumbass president.

--------------------

yawn

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted November 11, 2006 12:23     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my vote. And I actually do like Present Tense.

You guys ever tour? I'm in Seattle until next summer. <--- current weather emoticon

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 11, 2006 15:30     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
vote is in

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted November 11, 2006 15:37     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You've got my vote!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 16, 2006 23:23     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my vote too!

So did you win??

--------------------

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted November 17, 2006 06:26     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya got my vote fella!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted November 24, 2006 01:19     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just wanted to thank all you guys! You rock!

And where the heck have you been Meg? I must have your old email address....I tried emailing you some time ago, but no reply.
Present Tense will be touring a bit in '07, but I don't know if we'll get to Seattle by the summer. But you'll be the first to know if we do!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted November 28, 2006 14:23     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, when I moved last February I transferred my Comcast cable service, but they blocked my email account and I had to re-register a new one. I lost all the addresses I had saved in that account, and then lost all the others I had in my hotmail account when I neglected to login for over a month. I updated my email address in my VVF profile though (I think).

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan