my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Please Read - A little favour required!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Read - A little favour required!
shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted November 08, 2006 09:17     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My band ORNAMENT are riding high in the firstcutawards from 3 mobile.

If you vote for us - & we win it (we are currently on the top of the list on the front page) then I'll deffo send out free stuff as a thank you!

Join as a listener on the link - and then vote for us!

http://www.3firstcutawards.co.uk

Do an artist search for ORNAMENT - or click our logo on the front page of their site. it'll only take a minute.

I did it - and I haven't been bombarded with junk emails from them either. Go on - you have nothing to lose - and I will be hugely appreciative!

Cheers!!!!!!!!

Steven H

http://www.myspace.com/ornamentalists

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 08, 2006 10:04     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my vote.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 09, 2006 05:24     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Done. Had so much support for my shit from the inhabitants of this place, that it's the least I can do. Good luck mate.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 09, 2006 06:24     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Am I missing something? I can't see where I get to vote.

Christ theres a lot of shit band names in there. At least your 15 year old band name hasn't been hijacked my Wedding Singers like mine has!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 09, 2006 08:17     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bet this guy from the other Pure Genius can't do a decent blastbeat...
shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted November 10, 2006 04:53     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers everyone!

hexonutz - no probs for not liking us. Our new stuff is a lot better than that old toon though. You should hear us cover nanoman too

Emyln k - after signing up, activating the account & logging into their site; click on our logo or type ORNAMENT to get to our page.

There is a button on the side of the screen below the play controls, that lets you move a slider along til the "vote" button is clickable.

Ta!

And not only *have* we had our name ripped by other bands (and theres a dj ornament too) but that song "fallen" has been plagiarised note for note almost by a london band on myspace. Which is a tad irritating.

But thanks all for your support folks!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 10, 2006 05:58     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh! My screen at work is set to low-res - didn't realise you had to move the window to the right to get to the other stuff.

Ok you've got my vote now. I hope you beat Tony Blair!

--------------------

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted November 16, 2006 06:51     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We lost out last week and came 2nd!

but please vote for us again this week & as we are top again already - hopefully we will go through and I'll not have to beg anymore! as its like a weekly vote race.

And hexonutz - we have a different track on there - still very retro metal tho

laters!!!!!!!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted November 17, 2006 06:32     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HA HA - WE got BANNED this week!

After being top by a mile all last week we were gazumped by a band that got 200 votes in the last hour!

Now we got lots of people voting all week for us - we go straight to the top again and they think we are trying to cheat!

Heres my Bass player's official statement:

--------------------
Alright people,

Just to let you know that the MIGHTY O were suspended from the ww.3firstcutawards.co.uk this week for basically being too popular!

We received an e-mail from them which read -There have been an unaccountable amount of votes for your band, and therefore we have now been suspended. If you want any more info then please give us a shout.

The first Cut team obviously want their favs to win and we aint one of them ! Booooo

PENALIZED FOR BEING POPULAR!

BUT HOW MUCH MORE ROCK N ROLL IS THAT! We are the 1st band suspended - which in my book is better than winning.

Oh well - we are allowed back next week - so your votes will be appriciated, especially as the same thing is going to happen again as what happened this week.

In addition - We are playing live @ Head Of Steam (Liverpool Lime Street) on Sat night at around 7:30pm - so if you wanna watch the 1st suspended band from the comp live then get there!

Cheers
Paul
-----------------------

I am amused but my patience with 3 music is very very nearly at an end!

Biased wankers!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 17, 2006 07:01     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck them. Fuck them in the arse with a knife! Fuck all 'battle of the bands' shitocracy events!

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 17, 2006 07:31     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, what's wrong with people? One of my old band once got kicked out of a bar we were playing. If we hadn't broke up, we sure would have used it as a marketing tool!

You guys deserve to get: more votes!

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted November 17, 2006 14:27     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Fuck them. Fuck them in the arse with a knife! Fuck all 'battle of the bands' shitocracy events!

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

that is pure genius!

this is the f*ckin' music industry.
May they rot in Whatever.....

I'm gonna bombard them with votes next week using fake IP's hehehe Bwahaha

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted November 21, 2006 06:48     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aha! We are "votable for" again.

But my enthusiasm has waned.

Only bother if you can be arsed. Theres a different song on it too.

Downtime - which is usually our set-closer.

--------------------

Steven Hargraves

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted November 27, 2006 09:31     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FINAL WEEKS VOTING ON THIS SODDING THING!

Anyone who voted last time- please could you vote again - Its the last chance to go through!!!!!!

We keep getting pipped at the post. We've been top for nearly 3 weeks & this is *Crunch* time. (boosh!)

I know its a pain in the ass- voting on shite. But it would be a PR boon to us if nothing else!

cheers

HUMBLY GREATFUL

steve

--------------------

Steven Hargraves

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan