my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Away's new artwork

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Away's new artwork
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 03, 2006 03:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

VOIVOD Drummer Creates Artwork For 'Power Up!' Compilation - Nov. 2, 2006

VOIVOD drummer Michel "Away" Langevin has designed the artwork for the "Power Up! Mutations and Mutilations of 8-Bit Hits" compilation featuring "some of the most timeless, classic songs from all of the games that helped you pass the time of boredom as a child," according to a press release. Available on Dwell Records, the collection features "an elite team of fearless musicians" who "have paid tribute to the trend-setting music of the Nintendo Entertainment System. They're taking you to a world where few have dared to tread, but they ain't gonna be holding your hand. This musical adventure ain't for the weak. Cheat codes and a second-rate genie can't help you. Super-sized joysticks won't be an advantage here. Only the truly daring will be willing to face the challenges held within."

For more information, including audio samples, click here.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 03, 2006 05:14     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That press release sounds a bit laboured towards the end.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 03, 2006 08:26     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All your base are belong to us.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 03, 2006 08:29     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool cover! Very nintendoesque.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 03, 2006 12:37     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice!

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 04, 2006 09:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice cover indeed, fits the overall subject perfectly.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted November 04, 2006 14:32     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool artwork it fits the bill perfectly.

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER FOR THE ART BOOK

When will it come out ???

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

winoguy
VoivodFan
Member # 748

posted November 04, 2006 15:23     Profile for winoguy   Email winoguy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, any info on Away's art book would be greatly appreciated. I was hoping it would be out for Xmas so I could get it for a gift.

--------------------

11-7-88 w/ Violence
5-15-03 w/ Sepultura
6-22-08 w/ Anthrax

Interested in CDR trades. Have over 3100 titles in thrash, doom, death, grind, hardcore, NWOBHM, 70's, power etc. I sell on ebay under vladdrac666
http://www.myspace.com/doommetalpatches

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 04, 2006 16:40     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, in this interview he mentions that his art book is coming out this year, but I have not seen anything on an actual release date anywhere... I will certainly order this as soon as it's available.

Dig the 8-bit themed art.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 04, 2006 21:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'll be ordering Away's book of masterpieces as soon as it becomes available

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan