my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Anybody knows Univox Guitars?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody knows Univox Guitars?
Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted November 01, 2006 20:52     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you know Univox guitars. I just found a Univox which is a Les Paul copy, in the garbage in front of my appartment!!! It needs minimum fix (3 keys are missing, a switch and a know are missing and the neck needs to be adjusted). I would like to find out what model it is and what year it is. Here is a link to the pic : Univox Guitar

Thank you!

|  IP: Logged
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted November 01, 2006 23:00     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice score for a trashcan freebie.

Not sure if it is a genuine Univox but try this website for info: http://www.univox.org/

Univox guitars were built from the early 60s to 1978. But I couldn't see any models there that are the same type of Les Paul copy. The logo looks a little different too.

Does it have a serial no. etc on the neck plate?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 01, 2006 23:16     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That looks like a set neck so it may not have a neck plate. If so it think it's pretty sweet, Take it down to the shop and ask about the neck and check for warpage, see if they can set the final inlay in No1 fret too.

There's nothing like a humbucker up front, Rock On!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 02, 2006 07:15     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awwww... thats just the type of tramp guitar I'd take in and do up!

As a chap who's repaired dozens of old knackered guitars like this (and built a couple) my semi-professional advice would be to put an extra humbucker in the middle, get some face paint and pretend to be Ace Frehley.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 02, 2006 08:21     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the site, it looks like a Deluxe or a Custom... Very cool! Even thought I'm not a Les Paul kinda guy...

And you know what's funny? There's a guy on the Univox forum who found the exact same guitar as you, and in the garbage too:

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan