my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Firebird (with our Harry on bass)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Firebird (with our Harry on bass)
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 25, 2006 15:32     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is some crap fone-cam footage of Firebird, who played in London the other night.

They were very fucking good indeed. Bill Steer is not only really damn fine on the guitar and lead vocals, but I have it from a usually reliable source that he is also 'still shaggable'.

He did not break into a gutteral bark, but it was still an excellent gig.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

|  IP: Logged
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted October 26, 2006 02:20     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, so what is up with all the 'Fire' bands lately? An old friend of my mine is now singing in a band called Fireweed, and I have seen some band called Firewind mentioned on Blabbervermouth.

So...What?...Is "Fire" the new "God" or "Head" for heavy band names?

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted October 26, 2006 02:36     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love Firebird.
Saw them once in Zurich, with my Carcass "I reek of putrefaction" t-shirt on. Afterwards had a talk with Bill Steer. He laughed at my t-shirt and said "we're a bit different now" etc.
Great music, great guys...wish them success.

--------------------

What the...?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 27, 2006 05:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers for that EKH. Was fun to look up every now and then and see you & HV grinning back at me. And you stayed 'til the end - unlike some people... *cough*nell*cough*
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 27, 2006 09:59     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ahhahaha! nell is the best.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 28, 2006 22:17     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has Firebird toured the states yet? Just bi-curious about it, because I've never seen them here in Seattle, and I've been wanting to see them for a loooong time!

Mr. Steer is an incredible musician, certainly an awesome "axe-grinder"...always writing killer riffs and melodies, of course it also helped him to have Mr. Amott in the picture as well back when they were doing Carcass!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted October 30, 2006 06:02     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't seen Bill around for years - but I still bump into Jeff from Carcass now and again.

He told me some very interesting stuff recently - but I'm not at liberty to say anything about it....

But Firebird are deffo a cool band!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 30, 2006 07:39     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shargraves:
He told me some very interesting stuff recently - but I'm not at liberty to say anything about it....

Why? Too drunk/can't remember? Happens to me all the time.

Harry said some pretty whacked out interesting stuff at the gig I think but I can't for the life of me remember it now. Oh no hang on it could have been Nell. Or... uh maybe it wasn't at the gig maybe it was... something on TV...

um...

nah, its gone. sorry. cider.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan