my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Boz Burrell, R.I.P.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boz Burrell, R.I.P.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 18, 2006 18:44     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just found out that the mighty Boz passed away on September 21st, apparently of a heart-attack.

"Islands" was an early King Crimson favorite of mine and I've always loved how Boz screamed "21st Century Schizoid Man" on the Earthbound LP... not too far off from Voïvod's version with Eric, actually. He was also taught to play bass by none other than Fripp himself upon joining KC... pretty amazing guy really. He will be missed.
Boz Burrell

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

|  IP: Logged
L'Heavy
VoivodFan
Member # 655

posted October 28, 2006 08:27     Profile for L'Heavy   Email L'Heavy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm agree with your point of view. Island is a really great album and Earthbound too. King Crimson influenced many bands over the years but this period (1971-1972) is unfortunately often forget. So many people think about them for the song 21st century schizoid man. They done so much great things on In the wake of poseidon, Lizard and Island albums.

RIP Boz Burell

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 30, 2006 20:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard about his departure last week and was saddened. KC has been one of my alltime fav bands and I really started respecting and enjoying the Boz era of KC after the remasters were released and I was able to hear how great these recordings really are. The numerous live shows from this era that have been issued from the KC collectors Club also brought lots of respect for what an amazing live act they were at that time.

he will be greatly missed

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan