my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod Tour Doc. 88

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod Tour Doc. 88
slaydesays
VoivodFan
Member # 911

posted October 15, 2006 02:01     Profile for slaydesays   Email slaydesays     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe this is old news but here is a Voivod video on YouTube.. from 1988, 1991. Some behind the scenes stuff featuring Soundgarden and some soundcheck footage. Piggy playing the double neck!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7In8GeKj9pA

|  IP: Logged
slaydesays
VoivodFan
Member # 911

posted October 15, 2006 02:11     Profile for slaydesays   Email slaydesays     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know about the year on the video...what year did Voivod open for Rush? (you can see the marquee in the beginning of the video that says "Rush, Voivod")
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 15, 2006 04:21     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No old news to me, very new in fact. Never see it before, thank you. Didn't know they were such partyanimals, haha. (well offcourse i had an idea...)

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 15, 2006 08:50     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky put that video together himself in 2003 as a gift to voivodfan.com's one year anniversary.
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 15, 2006 09:43     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They opened for RUSH after Nothingface, and they do part of Interstellar Overdrive on that vid...

All the best, PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted October 15, 2006 11:53     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awww, memory lane!! Thanks to Matt Cameron practically running me down in the parking lot of my local launderette the day before the show, Luna, slug and I got to meet and watch Voivod souncheck on that tour the following nite....that brought tears to my eyes....the thought of never seeing Piggy and Blacky on the same stage together again
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 15, 2006 12:40     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Blacky put that video together himself in 2003 as a gift to voivodfan.com's one year anniversary.

yah, that's me at the very start.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 15, 2006 15:44     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great knockers, Nia.

tits + metal = all boxes ticked

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted October 16, 2006 22:14     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Great knockers, Nia.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 16, 2006 22:21     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Great knockers, Nia.

ha! what about my BRAINZZZZZZZZZZZ

Cthon
Member # 156

posted October 16, 2006 22:43     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:

youve got a great pair of brains.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 18, 2006 01:36     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember that, and I LOVE it! I had it on my computer that crashed

This version is a little different though...

Any chance of uploading this again on here??

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 18, 2006 08:33     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

If you show me yours, I'll show you mine.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 18, 2006 09:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

They're real and they're spectacular.

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted October 24, 2006 04:38     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool Stuff! Thanks for sharing

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 25, 2006 08:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally got to see it, great footage! I lolled at Chris Cornell and Matt Cameron. Also the soundcheck footage is incredible, good sound; Piggy had such a great tone...

And nia, you truly have a nice, uh, shirt.

GarbageDay
VoivodFan
Member # 361

posted October 25, 2006 19:53     Profile for GarbageDay   Email GarbageDay     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rad.

--------------------

www.molokovellocet.com

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 25, 2006 22:08     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks man, great viddy...

It reminded me of two things:

1. How incredibly amazing our fave band was at their peak

2. How absolutely fucking horrible Soundgarden was, always

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 26, 2006 06:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that is great. I remember seeing that before, but nice to view it again. Has Cornell EVER sounded good live? Every time I hear a live recording with him, in any of the bands he's fronted, he sounds like shit.
Some of that footage must have been shot in Amsterdam, since that's where it's legal to smoke pot, and I know Voivod wouldn'
t do anything illegal

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 26, 2006 07:24     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Thanks man, great viddy...

It reminded me of two things:

1. How incredibly amazing our fave band was at their peak

2. How absolutely fucking horrible Soundgarden was, always

Once again Tangento says only knowledgable things to which I agree.

Back in the day I used to wonder if Soundgarden fans actually enjoyed 'music', or were drawn to this bland sonic-toothache to serve other, undisclosed needs. Now I feel the same towards fans of Audioslave, although in my maturing years the festering resentment has mellowed into a sort of non-committal pity.

The film we're talking about is great, good to see it again. Seeing as Blacky made it up it'd be fucking cool to see more of those soundcheck/live/goofing tapes.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan