my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What a find..........

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What a find..........
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 08, 2006 20:05     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thought I'd scan the latest Zappa vids on Youtube today and was completely shocked at what I found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-_HsMVQVe8

This is footage from my all time favorite Zappa recording shot in '73 in Sweden. I fell out of my chair when I saw this...quality is pretty decent too considering the age of the tape. IMO this was Zappa's best band(Jean Luc Ponty!!!) and he was also at his peak compositionally during this period...I'm still in shock..I'd heard that the show had been videotaped but didn't think it'd ever see the light of day thanks to the Zappa family.

Look around cause there's a second half to this segment as well........

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 08, 2006 21:08     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Second half:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bez8fWiC580

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 08, 2006 23:36     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Mez, I'm about to go have a look. BTW, I'd recommend downloading any cool Zappa vids like this right away, since the ZFT actively patrols & enforces the Youtube scene.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 09, 2006 11:42     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh, that I wouldn't doubt. I'd be happy to pay for it if they'd release it.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 10, 2006 08:02     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piquantique! I own this boot thanks to you, Mez.

Now, I wanna see that vid, dammit!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan