my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Black Sabbath reunites with Dio (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Black Sabbath reunites with Dio
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 01, 2006 06:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm...I still think they need to hang it up. Course this whole thread may be a mute point as we don't even know that this supposed event will even happen.

Let's look at these two clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEAEnmFdrpw

(You'll enjoy the last thirty seconds of this clip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n9SL3rmaSo

|  IP: Logged
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted October 01, 2006 17:47     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would love to see an Iommi/Dio collaboration. I don't give a flying shit what bandname the project is under. All of their albums together have been good.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 01, 2006 19:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Layla's Dad:
I would love to see an Iommi/Dio collaboration. I don't give a flying shit what bandname the project is under. All of their albums together have been good.

Hey man, what rock you been hiding under? Still in Germany???

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted October 01, 2006 20:27     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

Ronnie's a fuckin living legend no IF, ANDS, or BUTS about it.

I was always waiting for a new Sabbath classic lineup album ever since the Reunion album with Selling My Soul & Psychoman, but they obviously couldn't write an entire album for some reason or another... damn shame. I would love to hear new material from HEAVEN & HELL, because I thought Dehumanizer was great and on par with the other 2 studsio albums Dio released with Sabbath.

time will tell

I do wonder if they would even be aloud to perform anything that Ozzy sang on originally... Sharon might have some kind of contract forbidding it!!!!

WORD!

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted October 01, 2006 22:22     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
gravity has certainly done a number on the ole little-big-voiced one. did u see him on the metal heads journey dvd? I haven't seen him in concert since the 80's. can he still sing? stand? he and Ozzy should do a tour of retirement homes for their peers! saw the Oz on the 2nd stage this summer and he totally rocked! Just a straight up rock show, no perms, spandex, pyros, or evil smoke spewing santa claws'. just like the old days...in golden gate park...

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 02, 2006 04:07     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zlugz:
I haven't seen him in concert since the 80's. can he still sing? stand?

I saw him two years ago, and I wasn't disappointed at all. Ronnie sounds as great as ever, only the highest registers are gone now so he sings them one octave lower - I didn't even notice that, I learned about it when I read an interview later on. And yeah, he stood on his own legs, no wheelchairs in sight (yet) Would be very cool to see him and Ozzy perform.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted October 02, 2006 06:35     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:

Hey man, what rock you been hiding under? Still in Germany???

Yea, still in Germany. I will fly home on 25 October for a couple of weeks. My buddy that lives across the hall in the building here left me with his laptop when he flew to the US Friday. I have been catching up on threads the last couple of days.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 02, 2006 09:07     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zlugz:
he and Ozzy should do a tour of retirement homes for their peers!

And maybe Ronnie could do songs from his early years with Ronnie Dio and the Prophets:

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 02, 2006 16:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a handsome "Devil" Ronnie was, way backfore he found metal.

Was there anybody from the classic rock and metal days from the early 70's that didn't look ridiculas during the 80's years with sprayed hair, spandex and too much leather? Maybe Deep Purple.

--------------------

yawn

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted October 02, 2006 17:26     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
What a handsome "Devil" Ronnie was, way backfore he found metal.

Was there anybody from the classic rock and metal days from the early 70's that didn't look ridiculas during the 80's years with sprayed hair, spandex and too much leather? Maybe Deep Purple.

Jeez that smile could really get a young girls heart to melt. woah!

Ahh, Dio was a handsome Devil in 1977 too.

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 25, 2006 21:24     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
See? See? I told ya, like they say in Monty Python, "Waaaaaait for it!"

THIS WAS POSTED TODAY, OCT 25th, BY AN ADMINISTRATOR OF THE BOARD ON TONY IOMMI'S OFFICIAL SITE:

"The highly anticipated reunion of Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward appears to be shaping up and taking a new form. After various promoters have approached their respective management, the guys have started taking all of this very seriously, as they have wanted to reunite for some time now. It looks as if the new shape may be that of Heaven and Hell - that is the moniker that the band is likely to use on their new venture.

If all goes well, Heaven and Hell should be hitting the road in early 2007."

Ok, now this is the ONLY "official" word at the moment. What I'm taking away from this is, they're likely to call it Heaven & Hell so it's not like "Ozzy is out, RJD is in" or something. As I mentioned earlier, Tony owns the name "Black Sabbath" and DOES have the right to use it if he wants, but clearly doesn't want to burn bridges with Ozzy and that twat Sharon. Ozzy and his handler makes more on an Ozzy tour than a Sabbath tour, so they've been milking that farce rather than touring Sabbath in which the funds would have to be more equitably split.

So there you have it, as it CURRENTLY stands.

I love Voivod.

All the best, PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted October 25, 2006 22:54     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sweet. i too love VOIVOD

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted October 26, 2006 02:13     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW....This is better than a movie.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 26, 2006 06:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This from Yahoo Music News:
Ronnie James Dio to reunite with Black Sabbath bandmates

10/25/2006 9:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Lyndsey Parker

A press release was issued today announcing that Ronnie James Dio, who replaced Ozzy Osbourne in Black Sabbath during the early '80s, is reuniting with Sabbath's Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward to form a new group.

The band is tenatively named Heaven And Hell, after the first Sabbath album featuring Dio's vocals, issued in 1980.

According to the press release, "after various promoters have approached their respective management, the guys have started taking all of this very seriously, as they have wanted to reunite for some time now...If all goes well, Heaven And Hell should be hitting the road in early 2007."

As for original Sabbath singer Ozzy Osbourne's opinion on this new venture, this statement was issued by his camp:

"Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio are working on a project together which has nothing to do with Black Sabbath. There is only one Black Sabbath. Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, and Bill will be touring late next year along with a new Black Sabbath album. However, Ozzy wishes Tony and Ronnie much success in their project together."

Pretty interest, that a new album with Ozzy is also slated to come out later in 2007!!! About fuckin time!!!!

Cool news all aroung IMHO, and Bill Ward is involved!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 26, 2006 07:11     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
.... too much leather?

If I sat in my leather jacket, leather wastecoat, leather T-shirt, leather trousers, leather socks, leather thong and leather peaked-cap in my leather armchair next to my leather curtains and my leather carpet, with leather wallpaper and leatherette textured ceiling paint, listening to "Hell Bent For Leather" and watching a documentry about how leather is made on my leather-bound television, continuously for 24 hours, that would still not be anywhere near 'too much leather'.

Revise your thoughts and ideas at once, Shroeder. Your thinking is clouded and wrong.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 26, 2006 08:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, from the horse's mouth:

Metal Express Radio: Journalists are always asking you about BLACK SABBATH and RAINBOW reunions. When will you get fed up with these questions?

Dio: Well, you know, it's easy enough to say it's not going to happen. (Laughs) I don't have to explain that. I think it shows that people remember something that happened so long ago and consider it to be good enough to hear it again. It doesn't bother me. I mean I think people will eventually get the idea that it's not going to happen with me in the band anyway. It may happen with someone else. It's very possible that Ritchie [Blackmore] would get that band together and who knows who he will choose. It's not gonna be me. As far as SABBATH goes, they're releasing a box set called BLACK SABBATH "The Dio Years", and Tony [Iommi] and I are going to write a couple of songs for that project. But, that's it. I've created a different life for myself and I'm not about to leave this band for anything else. What comes along comes along, but at this moment it's just DIO that I'm concerned about.

Metal Express Radio: Would you see yourself writing a solo album together with Tony?

Dio: I don't know, I don't know. I've never given that any thought. I'm not sure. That's interesting. As long as it doesn't get in the way of what I'm doing here, then I would consider it. But, there's an overriding concern for me as I don't want this band to slip away, and that's a very easy thing that could happen when you get tempted by these things. I've played for enough people in my life, I don't really have to worry about that. I don't have to be tempted by those kind of things when I know what usually happens: it breaks up the good things that you have, because you can't keep a band on the sidelines and you can't keep good players from not playing. So, for those reasons I would only consider doing something that would not harm this band.

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 27, 2006 23:39     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
[QB]Okay, from the horse's mouth:
QB]

That interview is a little dated, the newer official statement as posted above is now also posted on www.RonnieJamesDio.com so things seem to be going in the right direction... I'm not holding my breath, but hoping! The Geezer Butler page has the same thing, but also has an additional blurb about how this is not 100% ON yet, as some details still need yet to be ironed out...

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan