my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Disturbed - are they rubbish or what?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disturbed - are they rubbish or what?
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted September 19, 2006 09:37     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ask because I've just booked two tickets for their show in London - "Nevermore" are supporting, who I've always loved and never seen.

Anyway, I've just been on Disturbed's site, listened and ridden myself of the streams pretty sharpish. Very nasty indeed.

Anyone seen them, are they worth the wait or shall we just fuck off up the road for some real ale?

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 19, 2006 10:26     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw them supporting Marilyn Manson (don't ask) a few years ago at the NEC. They play unremarkable nu-metal fare, including an unremarkable nu-metal version of 'Shout' by Tears for Fears that makes the original sound really good.

The singer clearly, brazenly loved himself far more that the apathetic audience did.

The bass player had red LEDs on his fretboard that he'd operate at un-musical moments whilst striking a very uncomfortable, artificial Rock Pose for cameras that were not there. Mark King from Level 42 also had red LEDs on his bass, and they are about as cool as Level 42.

The guitar player came out to the side of the stage during the interval to sign autographs but no one wanted one.

I do not have a anecdote with regard to the drummer but if a man is the company he keeps then he is a cunt, too.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 19, 2006 10:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would leave immediately after Nevermore plays! No need for anymore explanation..Emlyn covered it beautifully.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted September 19, 2006 10:54     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers, but you leave me with a quandry.
You describe it beautifully, making it sound hilarious for all the reasons we outlined in that "metal that's so awful, it's sublime" type thread... ...I think the red L.E.D.s sold me.

Or, was the horror of the spectactle only survivable through humour? Rather like the occaisions I was forced to watch both "Titanic", and "Legends of the Fall"; funny, but only after the fact?

*edit*
Thanks too, Mez.

Seeing as it's the Astoria, I think we'll just do the pub thing once Nevermore leave.
We're spoilt for choice around there.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 19, 2006 13:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ooh Nevermore! When is it?

--------------------

String em up

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted September 19, 2006 15:00     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Simple.

Watch Nevermore - essential as they are one of the best bands around at the moment. Then see 5 or so minutes of how much Nevermore blew Disturbed off the stage, leave satisfied at a good night's metal at the hands of Nevermore and get pissed.

Nice

--------------------

Hail Santa...

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted September 20, 2006 04:25     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Ooh Nevermore! When is it?

Two dates:

9th and 10th October
http://meanfiddler.livegigguide.com/search.asp?todo=search&genre=general&tp=any&sb_date=11%2F8%2F2005&date_field=0&ev=disturbed&x=0&y=0

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 20, 2006 10:20     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Disturbed had a radio spot where they were talking about how they were all about the music and the success didn't matter...it was a beer commercial.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 20, 2006 13:24     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
£16 !!!!
Greedy fuckers
I'll probably just wait until Nevermore come & headline..

--------------------

String em up

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 20, 2006 13:43     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know Curran Murphy who used to tour in Nevermore. Well, not personally, but rather indirectly. See, he was a friend of a friend so you know how that goes.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 20, 2006 16:49     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
I know Curran Murphy who used to tour in Nevermore. Well, not personally, but rather indirectly. See, he was a friend of a friend so you know how that goes.

Curran Murphy, haha. Aggression Core, right? He's with Annihilator now isn't he?

Isn't Disturbed that band with the chubby little depressed frontman that sang a duet with Fred Durst a few years ago...? Bleargh. Eww... definitly miss that. What the hell is Nevermore doing on a bill with these jokers?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 20, 2006 17:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:

Isn't Disturbed that band with the chubby little depressed frontman

No. That would be Staind...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 20, 2006 18:55     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Curran Murphy, haha. Aggression Core, right? He's with Annihilator now isn't he?

Yeah! The remaining guys in Aggression Core are in a band called "Castdown" now...We (Woodrot) are playing with them the night before Celtic Frost! Curran produced the last "In Memorium" album, he did a mighty fine job...yeah, he's still in Annihilator as far as I know..."Alice in Hell!!" haha!!!

**Here's our Woodrot page Mike: http://www.myspace.com/woodrot

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 20, 2006 21:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Disturbed is everything Voivod is not.

--------------------

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted September 21, 2006 02:39     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Blackcloud, I like Woodrot music. The vocal in the song Wallow reminds me of Bolt Thrower, total 90s death metal worship here.
Well it's a reformed 90s band so...

There's even a some John Tardy kind of call too. WOW!

I don't know about In Memorium but MEMORIUM from QUÉBEC city. Who once opened for Voivod at the time they were called Tereza.

http://www.myspace.com/memorium13

http://www.memorium13.com/

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

E-FORCE13
VoivodFan
Member # 746

posted September 21, 2006 03:59     Profile for E-FORCE13   Email E-FORCE13     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DISTURBED- are they rubbish or what????

YES!!

NEVERMORE.....EXCELLENT!!!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted September 21, 2006 04:48     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Poor old Disturbed... looks like everyone here hates them!

Perhaps if the guitarist had used blue LED's instead...? They're very futuristic, blue LED's you see.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 21, 2006 08:35     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I look for inspiration, I look at... ah shit, whatever.

I don't even need to hear the music to see these guys suck:

POSERS!!!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 21, 2006 09:33     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love the fact that E-Force writes his posts with the caps lock on, like he's singing the first verse to 'Insect' at us.

I don't know about you lot but that's the voice I always read his posts in.

Authoritive. Concise.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 21, 2006 10:10     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
I love the fact that E-Force writes his posts with the caps lock on, like he's singing the first verse to 'Insect' at us.

Authoritive. Concise.

Hahaha, yes! I always hear LOST IN THIS WOOOORLD, I AM FORLOOOORN!

He's the ONLY person on the Inertnet who should be allowed to use the CAPSLOCK!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 21, 2006 10:29     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:

Authoritive. Concise.

Haha... absolutely. Or that one line in the first Project:Failing Flesh album that totally got stuck in my head.... SHOT OUTTA FOCUS!!!!1111

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted September 21, 2006 11:20     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
When I look for inspiration, I look at... ah shit, whatever.

I don't even need to hear the music to see these guys suck:

POSERS!!!

Is this what Manowar morphed into?

I think they are in town tonight. I don't like them, so yes they are 'rubbish'!

Is 16 pounds a lot of money in us $$?

I hear Phobos when reading E_FORCE posts. Lovely song!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 21, 2006 11:39     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zlugz:
Is this what Manowar morphed into?

Exactly!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan