my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 12 shot at Montreal college

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 12 shot at Montreal college
VoivodFan
Member # 959

posted September 13, 2006 16:41     Profile for 1574   Email 1574     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
web page

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 13, 2006 17:25     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
A gunman in a black trench coat and sporting a mohawk haircut opened fire Wednesday at a Montreal college and wounded at least 20 people.

That's what happens when you have guns available to people with mohawks wearing black trench coats.

I think police should pay particular attention to those people who already have mohawks from now on, especially to those who are wearing black trench coats. Because of this incident, I think Canada ought to ban black trench coats and mohawks altogether!

I don't think there's anything wrong with owning a gun though.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 13, 2006 21:04     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Somebody give Michael Moore a call.......

Seriously though..it makes one say, what the fuck is wrong with people?

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 14, 2006 18:21     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Somebody give Michael Moore a call.......

Seriously though..it makes one say, what the fuck is wrong with people?

It's just as it has been for so many ages now...

the only difference the last 40 years or so is they got Metal to blame it on...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted September 15, 2006 18:19     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I find there is something terribly simplistic in the media treatment of news like this one: The bad guy on one side and the poor victims on the other, but not much in the middle. Yes, it's a horrible crime and it's painful and sad, but the same old debate around the music or the movies the guy was listening has, imho, very little to do with his crime.

The press stated in a hurry that he was listening to Megadeath(spelled this way in numerous articles, i guess to emphasise the word death), had a mohawk, posters of the movie Scream, a Ozzy shirt, a famous black trench coat and bla, bla, 666, bla...Anything that could make him look like Satan...

I'm listening to metal since i'm 9 or 10 years old because when i do it feels good! And i surely never feel the urge to kill people. The urge to drink beers? Yes. The urge to have sex? Sometimes, yes. The urge to kill people? No,no and no.

Maybe i'm wrong but i think that someone doing something like that is ill, not mad.
Some sort of psychiatric disease not diagnosed in time. It's less sensational but probably more accurate.

PS. Peace to everyone involved in this sad event.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 15, 2006 18:22     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
people shouldn't have guns
Especially not those people. I have only a pointed stick. Luckily i am not a violent person atall.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

VoivodFan
Member # 959

posted September 15, 2006 20:07     Profile for 1574   Email 1574     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
The urge to kill people? No,no and no.

maybe your listening to it wrong then.

winoguy
VoivodFan
Member # 748

posted September 15, 2006 20:42     Profile for winoguy   Email winoguy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BlackCloud I think you've got it a little backwards. There's nothing wrong with trenchcoats and mohawks, it's the guns. Of course I hope you were just be facitious

--------------------

11-7-88 w/ Violence
5-15-03 w/ Sepultura
6-22-08 w/ Anthrax

Interested in CDR trades. Have over 3100 titles in thrash, doom, death, grind, hardcore, NWOBHM, 70's, power etc. I sell on ebay under vladdrac666
http://www.myspace.com/doommetalpatches

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 15, 2006 20:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do they ever talk about the music people like John Wayne Gacey, Jeffery Dahlmer, Jim Jones and all the other serial killer and cult leader were listening to? The only time the music becomes an "issue" is when it's heavy metal. That's because there are narrow minded dumb fucks that write these stories. If this guy was had headphones on and Handel's Messiah was was on his Ipod, would it even be mentioned.

I know I get the feeling to kill when I hear too much Jimmy Buffett, country music, or reggae... so I try to avoid that whenever possible, because I need to stay in control. If you ever read about me going "postal" tell the reporters it was because of this kind of music... Metal was keeping him sane.

--------------------

yawn

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 16, 2006 02:11     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Dlugosinski:
BlackCloud I think you've got it a little backwards. There's nothing wrong with trenchcoats and mohawks, it's the guns. Of course I hope you were just be facitious

No, that's what happens when you put mohawks and trenchcoats together: DEATH!!!

And if you put turkey and bread together, you get a good sandwich!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted September 16, 2006 09:25     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I once listened to a song by Kelly Clarkson and it made me punch myself in the face.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 28, 2006 10:44     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Megadave dedicated "À tout le monde" to the victim and wounded of the Dawson shooting.

Sorry it's in french, but here's the article.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan