my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Any gamers here?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any gamers here?
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 11, 2006 12:54     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been playing video games for most of my life (I think Barrel Jumper or Tombstone may have been the first) and got heavily into online deathmatch stuff around the Quake era. I've gone through all the Counter Strike stuff since the early betas, I'm in a TFC guild...etc. In short I'm a total game geek.

Recently my life has been consumed by World of Warcraft. Yes, I'm late to it, but it's still the most fun I've ever had gaming. I thought it would be fun to see if anyone here plays WOW or if I am the most hugest nerd on the forum.

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 11, 2006 13:18     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I watched a clip on youtube about wow a while back. apparently someone in a clan died (for real) and they put together this virtual ceremony in the game. About 50 people showed up as their respective characters. The only problem was that a few people found out about it all, and they didn't have peace in mind at all. They simply jumped in and killed the whole damn lot. That was one funeral going wrong to say the least

I've been playing some BF 1942 again after a long rest. A few years back, me and a bunch of classmates used to play BF1942 together. We used names of lousy Swedish politicians. I was "Gudrun Schyman" A female Communist leader who was famous for peing in a flowerpot at a cinema once when she had looked to far down a wine bottle Other players didn't really like to get popped in the forehead by a sniper named Gudrun, that's for sure.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 11, 2006 15:37     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't game at all. IMO it is a pure waste of time just as watching television. But if you have lots of time i understand people do gaming.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 11, 2006 16:24     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ever since "Twisted Metal 2" back in the '90s, my wife wont let me buy another game system... Still have the PSX1, but I am currently stuck in the last century when it comes to gaming, which is probably for the best.

Anybody ever see this HILARIOUS video?
Angry German Kid

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 11, 2006 17:03     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you X-D, that video was the perfect ending for my day. Good night.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 11, 2006 17:08     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Ever since "Twisted Metal 2" back in the '90s, my wife wont let me buy another game system... Still have the PSX1, but I am currently stuck in the last century when it comes to gaming, which is probably for the best.

Angry German Kid

oh shit i'm in tears man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted September 11, 2006 19:50     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im a pretty addicted gamer i must say. Playing Dark Age of Camelot and have been playing that since 2002 or something. Great player vs player in that game. Tried WOW but got bored after lv60. The player vs player part dissapointed me. Playing some ps2 as well. Shit, I even make games for a living. Yeah im pretty much a gamer

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted September 12, 2006 04:54     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not just geeks only this story, I reckon, it's a very cyberpunk thing it details.

It might be old news now in EVE circles but it's still the best example of a multiplayer rpg living up to expectations.

Long, but please read it!
http://eve.klaki.net/heist/

And yes, I'm 34 and still love games! (Though obvously would consider myself highly disciminating!)

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted September 13, 2006 08:02     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
I've been playing video games for most of my life (I think Barrel Jumper or Tombstone may have been the first) and got heavily into online deathmatch stuff around the Quake era. I've gone through all the Counter Strike stuff since the early betas, I'm in a TFC guild...etc. In short I'm a total game geek.

Me too, I'm 37 but when I'm in front of a pc I become like a child... I began with space invaders.
I play most Combat simulators , strategic and some fps, I'm a blizzard estimator (warcraft 1 2 3 and Diablo 1 2).
Now I didn't have much time for playing but sometimes I go for warcraft 3, Titan Quest (Diablo 2 clone) and Call of Duty 2.

I tried wow but I didn't like the fact you have to pay the month fee to play online.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 14, 2006 00:30     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

That's about it for me. (my kid is a Mario nut, and so am I)

Also used to play tons of NHL 98 on PS1.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted September 14, 2006 09:32     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Angry German Kid

I hope for this kid that he'll never use cocaine!

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted September 20, 2006 12:35     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Angry German Kid

What the....?!?!?!?!

That can't be for real surely? If it is then that is retarted with a capital DUHHHH!!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 20, 2006 14:08     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That German boy deserves a mohawk & black trenchcoat.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 20, 2006 18:42     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think he's receiving therapy already ("I don't need help, I'm calm"), but obviously they're not making much progress. Maybe they should show this clip to him? Coma caused by a severe trauma can heal, but idiocy...that's a different story :P

Seriously tho, he seems like a serious case of at least ADHD and mood dysregulation. I feel for his parents.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 21, 2006 01:12     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That kid has done other movies too. I'm afraid it's all fake. Would be much more fun if he really was that insane. At least for the Keyboard manufacturers

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 21, 2006 05:57     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If it's fake, the boy is a brilliant actor.
I doubt he is a brilliant actor.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan