my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » RIP Steve Irwin

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Steve Irwin
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 05, 2006 10:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Steve Irwin dies
 |  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 05, 2006 10:46     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep.  Ol' Steve has harassed his last animal.
Into the crypt of rays

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted September 05, 2006 10:53     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
His passion remember me a faboulous documentary by Werner Herzog called "Grizzly Man", made with the rush taken before the guy dies. For that kind of nature lover, death is totally assumed in their philosophy as a natural way of living life.

Really interesting, find it.

One of my top 5 documentary.

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 05, 2006 12:35     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Into the crypt of rays

Oh, you win, sir.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 05, 2006 17:11     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ROTFL & LMAO and all that...I didn't get your joke Uffe, man I'm retarded...hahahahaha!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted September 05, 2006 17:23     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
According to UK press he wanted his death broadcast. Told his camera crew to keep filimg if he got attacked and killed.

He was a star I think - mentally unhinged but did loads for Aussie wildlife education.

Sad day.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 05, 2006 18:25     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's what you get for fucking around with nature...don't feel sorry for him one bit.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 06, 2006 02:58     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To be fair, the guy was one of the world's leading conservationists. I won't debate that, with his disdain for safety, it was an accident waiting to happen, but that's just a tad harsh.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 06, 2006 06:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was sorry to hear about the crocman dying and especially under strange circumstances. The guy messed with crocs and other dangerous animals all his life and gets taken down by a species that normally wouldn't strike a human, and then to get him right in the heart.... DAMN!!!! Irwin was certainly entertaining to watch and usually when I flipped by his show I had to watch it at least until a commercial before changing the channel.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 06, 2006 08:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I gotta agree with BC. I found him incredibly annoying.......you've got to respect mother nature cause she plays by a totally different set of rules.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 06, 2006 09:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
His over-acting and drama skills alone made him worthy of a channel surfing stop. He could make a ladybug seem dangerous.

LOOKOUT!! She is protecting her young! She may fly right at me! May get me in the eye!
Look at the size of her TEETH!

Beats the monotone voice of a NOVA narrator describing a ladybug. Snore.

CRICKEY!!!

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted September 06, 2006 09:46     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He has more respect and taken more action for nature than anyone I can name. His work in promoting endangered species, his fundraising, his tv shows etc all highlight the plight of natural history.

So what if he jumped on croc's backs every now and then, or annoyed a snake into spitting at him. He risked his life to promote global animal welfare.

He may have been a bit of an over the top personality, but he is a legend!

RIP.

Sad that he died from an encounter with one of the softest, least dangerous animals in the sea!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 06, 2006 10:24     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahahah...that was funny warcorpse.

The fam and I were watching some TV thingy bout the dOOd...awww, his poor kids and wife...*sniff*.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 06, 2006 12:33     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hate to say it but...no, actually I don't: he had it coming. It was only a matter of time before he either pissed off or freaked out the wrong animal and bought the farm, so to speak. Sad that he's gone though; he was a great environmentalist and got many people (not tjust kids) interested in the creatures we share the earth with. It was bound to happen this way, though I always suspected it would be a croc or snake that did him in.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 06, 2006 23:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard that this was filmed and he told his crew that whatever happend he wants them to film and show it. I'm figuring this could be a used to create a documentry of his life and use this footage at the end (of course). The money raised from the sales would go towards his zoos and favorite animal charities and his family (of course). You know damn well everyone wants to see this footage.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 07, 2006 07:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let me explain a bit more about the 'lack of respect' comment I made earlier. I just find anybody that molests animals for showbiz sake pretty demeaning...thus the 'lack of respect' for wildlife. Cause I would hazard a guess and say the most dangerous place on a Crocodile Hunter set would be between Steve and the camera....not between him and the animals.
Perfect example of this was the stunt he pulled with his baby. That was a major media stunt intended to GET ATTENTION and keep the tv money rolling in. But what would some of you guys thought of him if that croc had chomped his baby??

Now a celebrity I hope actually does get eaten alive is that fat bearded bastard who has that other show running around in his bare feet. Think he's an Aussie too...probably gonna get a lot more airtime with his nature show now that Steve's gone. I'm looking forward to the time when he slips and the whole croc herd jumps on top of him!!!!

On a side note..what does 'crikey' mean? Someone said christkiller???

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 07, 2006 09:54     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:

On a side note..what does 'crikey' mean?

Du meine Güte! Like in "Ooh Crikey... It's Lawnmower Deth".

To Steve Irwin:
I dislike what he has done to the animals, but it was entertaining.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 10, 2006 15:19     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apparantly when Steve Irwin was asked what were his favourite childhood TV shows, he said that although he loved Thunderbirds, he always had a special place in his heart for Stingray.

...(sorry)

--------------------

String em up

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 10, 2006 17:21     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Let me explain a bit more about the 'lack of respect' comment I made earlier. I just find anybody that molests animals for showbiz sake pretty demeaning...thus the 'lack of respect' for wildlife.

Yeah? Better that than shooting at them, you big-engined American bastards!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 10, 2006 18:21     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan