my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Don Cabellero/Zombi show review 9/1/06

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don Cabellero/Zombi show review 9/1/06
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted September 02, 2006 22:46     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The 'Don' came to Houston last night and I left real late to the club..Zombi was done by the time I got there so I dont know what they sounded like,I should've gotten there earlier,oh well...hopefully they'll come back to these parts sometime soon. Anyways,the 'Don' was setting up and 4,3,2,1(not quite that quick,as ya know there's the tedium of waiting for bands to do soundcheck before they play). It's been a few years since I saw them and as usual they got a real good following-a precise sounding set consisting of old-new stuff..."time-lock step" instru-mentat rhythms played like high-order yoga exercises with the drummer doing the "deep mantra-multiple beat off time measures" thing. Rumbling bass pathways coincide with lead/rhythm guitar mechanics-elegant,dense,cloudy,lumbering/grey and shimmering dynamics made for a mandatory trip to the merch booth after the 70min sweat-set so I could get the new CD....Another killer show in H-Town......!

---------------------------------------------..."wait for orders,please stand by......"

|  IP: Logged
anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted September 04, 2006 22:38     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Zombi rule!
chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted September 05, 2006 00:00     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Zombi do rule! It's a shame you missed them. I saw Don Cab and Zombi when they came through Oregon a few weeks ago. Awesome show! Zombi were struggling with some bad wires, but they managed just fine. Don Cab were incredible! My friend bought a CD afterward and went to get Damon to sign it, which somehow resulted in Damon handing the CD to a completely stoned (and very furious) girl, who proceeded to scribble "fuck use!" on the CD then tried to break it in half...then threw it in a gravel pit. Needless to say, my friend got another CD free of charge. Apparently the "damaged" one still plays fine, so my friend is going to give the other copy to me, woohoo!
Hen Manilla
VoivodFan
Member # 82

posted September 07, 2006 19:30     Profile for Hen Manilla   Email Hen Manilla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw this tour in Denver and Don Cab were fantastic. I must say I thought Zombi were terribly silly. I like Rush and all, but Geez! 45 minutes of Moving Pictures outtakes w/o guitar is pretty boring...

--------------------

Mined, yet not _ ____ _ .

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan