my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » It's been five years already!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's been five years already!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 31, 2006 09:55     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last August 27th marked the fifth anniversary of me joining the Forum at the then "dot com" and meeting a marvellous bunch of crazy voivodians. It seems like yesterday, and at the same time a lot of things happened, be it the nazi wars, the Yuri wars, the rare CDs/boots sharing, the Prozak wars, the Pons wars or the (now) several VVF meetings (joining one of them is a dream of mine, which I'm sure will become reality one of these days). What a ride, huh?

This useless post is just a way I found to share with you all how happy I feel to be a part of this special community.

I love you guys and gals. *secretly wiping a tear*

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 31, 2006 11:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Five years since the days of Yuri's site? Or you sure it has not been longer???? I think we came onboard at about the same time.
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted August 31, 2006 11:32     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Five Years Already?

It's a lot of time...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 31, 2006 14:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since i am the number 13 it must have been 5 years for me also.

Glad i joined.

I am sure this will be a post with maximum words "five years"in it.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 31, 2006 14:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Feel the love! I know it's not been 5 years for me yet, but thanks for those kind words Tom, erm...Slaytanic.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted August 31, 2006 16:25     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers, Slay! 5 years of war and love...
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 31, 2006 16:42     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 01, 2006 13:25     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool! You forgot to mention all the loving between the two of us, the crazy sharing of Richard Marx bootlegs, the ugly-ass wars, the "Slaytanic is really Tom Araya" scam to newbies, the Hall & Oates wars, and all the mental support everybody supplied to each other last year.

VVF RULES!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 01, 2006 14:11     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only 4 years in october for me. I missed all the drama with the Yuri garbage thank dog (I saw that Lee's mistress posted there again the other day)
Voivodfan is such a wonderful loonmagnet. Luv to you all, hug hug

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 01, 2006 16:39     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Going back to Summer 2000 here, so I'm looking at 6 years of you freaks, haha. You guys wanna go back real far... anybody remember Skulhed's Voïvod page from the '90s? That big-ass War And Pain/Anachronism styled logo is still fresh in my head.

On a related note, CelticFrost.com is going to be 10 years old in 1997.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 01, 2006 16:55     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
5 years? Seems like only yesterday...

Is there a way to view forum statistic like number of posts, date joined, members lists, etc? Or is that reserved for the mods? I'm curious.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 01, 2006 17:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
Damn! 5 years wasted in this shithole! No life, no family, just a bunc of losers with nothing to do but post garbage! VVF is people! it's made of people! damn you! damn you all to hell!

ARRRRRGGGGH!

LMAO!!!!!!

You all are the extended family I'm too scared to tell anyone else about for fear of being straight-jacketed and locked up

5+ fun as fuck years, and all thanks to Warcorpse for setting this up and treating people properly. And they say metalheads don't have a heart

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 01, 2006 22:33     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Five years since the days of Yuri's site? Or you sure it has not been longer???? I think we came onboard at about the same time.

It's funny that you ask it, my feelings are the same, hehehe. But yes, I went to Yuri's site to check, August 27th, 2001.

quote:
Originally posted by Malaodororuoraz:
Cool! You forgot to mention all the loving between the two of us, the crazy sharing of Richard Marx bootlegs, the ugly-ass wars, the "Slaytanic is really Tom Araya" scam to newbies, the Hall & Oates wars, and all the mental support everybody supplied to each other last year.

Hehehehe, share the goodies! I have to admit I still have nightmares where all of a sudden my CD/DVD collection disappears and all that's left is a Richard Marx vinyl...

quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
You guys wanna go back real far... anybody remember Skulhed's Voïvod page from the '90s? That big-ass War And Pain/Anachronism styled logo is still fresh in my head.

I had a fairly long time without internet at home, so I missed that. I remember the schnooze.net days, though, that Negatron styled page.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted September 01, 2006 23:00     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm just a newbie, I guess...only 3 years for me. I found all the sites at about the same time, but this is the only one that continues to be graced with my presence.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 02, 2006 00:40     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
I remember the schnooze.net days, though, that Negatron styled page.

Me too, and the site before Yuri's, Missing Sequences, I think Eric's then-girlfriend Holly had something to do with it.

This place is the best though

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 02, 2006 08:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:
I'm just a newbie, I guess...only 3 years for me. I found all the sites at about the same time, but this is the only one that continues to be graced with my presence.

I'm quite sure at least one of the members here is not unhappy about that...

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan