my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Guitar advice needed (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Guitar advice needed
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 09, 2006 21:29     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice guitar dude! Congratulations.
 |  IP: Logged
Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted September 09, 2006 22:12     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You've made me want to get another guitar. I've been eyeing a Hamer Vector lately.

Of course, I'd probably have to get a divorce first so I'll probably pass...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 10, 2006 01:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
divorce! divorce! divorce!

kidding.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted September 10, 2006 02:58     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice choice for a first geetar. Should be able to get some nice crunchy tones out of that

What sort of Vox amp did you get?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 10, 2006 04:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
Nice choice for a first geetar. Should be able to get some nice crunchy tones out of that

What sort of Vox amp did you get?

I dunno. The seller told me this is the best choice for starters. If i wanna go perform on stage i have to buy some better gear. Is ok by me, i go solo for the time being, maybe forever. It's my (f**ing nice) egotrip. Everybody is telling me wow about it so it must be good. I will start writing a luv'song for my misses. That'll be nice. Yesterday we had a '80 dancenight. All of my friends are having emotional problems due to nonconversation, if you know what i mean. People must keep talking to eachother. So this is what this song will be about. Conversation!! Oh yeah it will be a thrash song like "Nocturnal Fear" or whatever. It will take some time but it is going to come. Now i will leave you guys, for i am haveing a headeache because of youknowwhat I need some painkillers right now....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 10, 2006 07:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CONGRATULATIONS PAUL
I'll be looking for your photo in all the metal mags next year and the cover of Guitar Player in two years!!!!! You sure sound dedicated. It's always good to write your wife a love song, that way she will realise it was worth spending all that money and agreee to let you buy a big Marshall stack and heads!!!!

VROOM, cool tab link, thanks. They even have tab for THE X-STREAM

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 11, 2006 09:13     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congratulations Paul for the nice guitar!

And I'd looove to have a Vox amp, especially a Vox AC30. It's a totally un-metal amp, but very good. Is it a tube amp, or is it solidstate?

Here's a picture of a satisfied Vox user:

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 14, 2006 09:24     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul! Go out and buy this:
DANELECTRO TUNA MELT TREMOLO!!!

Just got it by the mail and I love it! Cheap but good sounding, THIS is the pedal to nail the intro to Astronomy Domine! I've been playing it over and over since I got it!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 14, 2006 14:49     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, now. i went to this store to pick up my fisrt sony, ehhrm guitar. They told me the deal was off because the guy who the guitar was from got it back and didn't want to sell it anymore. He forgot to give me a ring so i was pretty not-amused... But he said, he it is my fault, choose another, if you like a better one.

I chose this baby:

A JAckson Kelly. People tell me this is a way better guitar then the Epiphone Explorer, it is only 3 years old and not a single scratch. I have been playing it untill my fingers hurt 2 nights in a row and it feels so good. Tomorrow this guy from work who happens to build guitars (he is brand new in our firm)is going to check my little baby out. How can i know if this is a good guitar or what??! Oh yeah the amplifier says: VOX DA15. This guy at work wants to sell me a 50 Watt amplifier now. haha.

Thank you all again for all kind advice, i have to go and play Dethroned Emperor. I find these CF tunes quit nice to start with, they aren't that difficult. I mean this in a nice way, the songs are simple but briljant.

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 14, 2006 14:59     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now THAT's what I'm fuckin' talking about!

Good one Paul. That guitar is damn cool, and way more metal that the epi.

($500 for an epi explorer is a fucking rip-off, mate. wasn't going to say it but, well, turned out good in the end)

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 14, 2006 18:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Well, now. i went to this store to pick up my fisrt sony, ehhrm guitar. They told me the deal was off because the guy who the guitar was from got it back and didn't want to sell it anymore. He forgot to give me a ring so i was pretty not-amused... But he said, he it is my fault, choose another, if you like a better one.

I chose this baby:

A JAckson Kelly. People tell me this is a way better guitar then the Epiphone Explorer, it is only 3 years old and not a single scratch. I have been playing it untill my fingers hurt 2 nights in a row and it feels so good. Tomorrow this guy from work who happens to build guitars (he is brand new in our firm)is going to check my little baby out. How can i know if this is a good guitar or what??! Oh yeah the amplifier says: VOX DA15. This guy at work wants to sell me a 50 Watt amplifier now. haha.

Thank you all again for all kind advice, i have to go and play Dethroned Emperor. I find these CF tunes quit nice to start with, they aren't that difficult. I mean this in a nice way, the songs are simple but briljant.

Awesome!! Boy did you luck out on that deal!!!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 14, 2006 23:18     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a sweet Kelly dude. I'd say it's a made in Japan KE3, but I could be wrong.

Go to www.jcfonline.com and ask in the Import Jackson forum. You'll need to post that pic, plus pics of the headstock, the bridge, the neckplate (if it has one) and the serial number (should be on the neckplate or the 24th fret). If you don't want to post the full serial number just give a general idea. For example, my Jackson V is serial number 9728074, but all that's needed for i.d.ing would be 9728*** The first 4 numbers and or letter are the most telling.

There's guys there who know everything about Jacksons. I pick their brains all the time.

Here's 2 pics of my baby:

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 15, 2006 06:17     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a good deal right there Paul. whammy or not. Looks as if it's going at 220 bpm's lying in the case

Thrash til deaff!

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted September 15, 2006 11:37     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's really amazing what you can find online, check what I get for 900$ this summer, still I thank god every day!!!! (I'm talking about the bass guitar, but my serial number is 002) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZtQ7wO-On8

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 16, 2006 14:30     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here it is in my backyard.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 16, 2006 14:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You fuckin' rock Paul. and oh so very !

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 16, 2006 14:41     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you Luna, i dunno what to say.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 18, 2006 08:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, you rock Paul! And how about that nice basket behind you. BASKET IST KRIEG!!!!!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 18, 2006 12:26     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Hehe, you rock Paul! And how about that nice basket behind you. BASKET IST KRIEG!!!!!

Hahaha, sorry about that. I was afraid someone was going to mention that. This any better?? You better not ask what my wife did when she made this picture and made me smile alot.

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 18, 2006 13:57     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you wear that Jackson one notch lower on it's strap you will get laid. Trust me, I know this.

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 18, 2006 14:25     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothing like a new guitar to make a man's face pour forth pure joy. Sunny day helps, too.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 18, 2006 14:42     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sorry about that last comment. I've been listening to too much KISS lately.

Yes, there can be too much KISS.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 18, 2006 23:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"You better not ask what my wife did when she made this picture and made me smile alot"

HA!!! Like all good wives who have rockstar husbands I'm sure we can easily figure out what she did to appeaze her man!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 19, 2006 00:31     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul, you da man bro. Great looking Axe, bet it rips.

quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
($500 for an epi explorer is a fucking rip-off, mate. wasn't going to say it but, well, turned out good in the end)

Hey man, a few years back, I picked up one of the Epi 'Goth' Flying Vs and fucking love it to (the) death! Probably my second favorite axe ever owned. Of course I only paid 300.00 US, but I consider it to be worth far more.

Anyway - enjoy it in good health, Paul.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 19, 2006 10:32     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha...nice horse-chicken-chicken-horse creature, schroeder.

basket ist krieg!aww fuck!

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan