my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » for your babies

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: for your babies
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted August 28, 2006 17:46     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
www.babyrockrecords.com

And No.
I'm not a spammer.

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 28, 2006 18:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WHAT ! ! ! NO SLAYER ! ! ? ? ?

I am amazed at the groups who I assume gave permission to do record their songs in this manner. I think it's cool... but I still don't want to be a daddy ... well, that and the government won't let me reproduce.

--------------------

yawn

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 28, 2006 19:52     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lullaby renditions of ColdPlay? I think that should be considered child abuse.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 29, 2006 08:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I should say something about this, being the dad that I am.

I must say that I usually put my children to sleep to real music, not "made-for-kids" music.

These days, these are the records that put my daughter to sleep:

- Radiohead "OK Computer", and strangely, she falls asleep on the rock songs, not the ballads or "No Suprises", as you would expect. "No Surprises" is a great lullaby, btw.

- Voivod "Katorz"!!! Yes, she falls asleep to that! And that only means one thing: it grooves. My babies don't care for quiet music, it makes them cry. They fall asleep when it GROOVES, like a heartbeat.

- Kyuss "Sky Valley" I once put my son to sleep (when he was a baby) to this one. Very womb-like guitar tone.

- NO CLASSICAL MUSIC, I tried, it annoys the babies.

I think it's important that the kids get an early exposure to great music. As a result, you get a 3 yo (my son) who digs Zappa (he calls it "clown music").

(And where is Switchfoot?)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 29, 2006 10:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I Would have bought this if it came out when my little fuckers were young/ To bad they are 6 and 8 now....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 29, 2006 11:16     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My daughter listens to fucking Hillary Duff and shit like that. She's only 5 though and I'm working on developing her tastes a bit more. We had the new Maiden on yesterday and she said it was "okay" when I asked her what she thought of it! When she was a baby she would bounce around to pretty much anything as long as there were no death/black metal vocals. Nowadays it seems like she only likes lame girly-pop.

My son is ony 15 months old so he'll dance around to anything. He'll be a little Metalhead for sure. He loves it when I play guitar for him.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 29, 2006 16:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
- NO CLASSICAL MUSIC, I tried, it annoys the babies.
It annoys me also, and Radiohead also puts me to sleep... that whiney voice....aaarrrggghhh

I saw a family walking down the boardwalk today where the father was wearing a Helloween shirst and his sone was in an Iron Maiden shirt... it did my heart good and made me realize that there is still hope for this world

--------------------

yawn

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted August 29, 2006 20:50     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what boardwalk are you talking about? I didnt know Baltimore had a boardwalk.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 29, 2006 21:00     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys are obviously listening to the WRONG 'Classical' music.

Fear not, as help IS on the way...

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 29, 2006 23:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Filth Hound:
what boardwalk are you talking about? I didnt know Baltimore had a boardwalk.

I work in Ocean City Maryland on the boardwalk right on the Atlantic Ocean www.oceangallery.com
check out out web cam and see the freak show of "people" that parade down the boards.

I just have to be in the right mood for classical, which is rae. If I'm going to listen to music I almost never crave classical... kinda like if I want to eat meat I'd rather have steak than then pork if there's a choice

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 30, 2006 08:54     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Radiohead also puts me to sleep... that whiney voice....aaarrrggghhh

Forget the whinny voice, this man here is a genius of weirdo guitar sounds:

What I meant, Tangento, about classical music, is that it mostly lacks a "groove". No groove = no sleep for the baby.

My theory is that babies are very sensible to a drumbeat because it reminds them of the heartbeat sound they were hearing in the womb during 9 months. And I also believe that this the reason why humans like music, because of that nine months Music 101 that we all attend before we are born...

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted August 30, 2006 10:14     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:

My theory is that babies are very sensible to a drumbeat because it reminds them of the heartbeat sound they were hearing in the womb during 9 months. And I also believe that this the reason why humans like music, because of that nine months Music 101 that we all attend before we are born...

Well, my mom surely had an irregular cardiac rhythm with peaks of speedy palpitations because I love intricate drum beats and/or crazy blastbeats…

Seriously, my girlfriend and I are starting to think about baby projects, so, I’m taking note here: a baby likes groove, but not so much classical, Radiohead is ok and surprisingly, Voïvod too. Hell, baby's sleep is a complex science! Do good old lullabies still make the trick? Because unfortunately my girlfriend is not exactly fond of Voïvod!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 30, 2006 21:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do understand that the musicianship in Radiohead is cool and inventive; however I just can't get past the vocals to enjoy anything by the band.... what a pity

--------------------

yawn

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted August 31, 2006 06:13     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
from the photos on the web site that place looks like something from Sanford and Son.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 31, 2006 08:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I do understand that the musicianship in Radiohead is cool and inventive; however I just can't get past the vocals to enjoy anything by the band.... what a pity

I had friends who thought the same thing about Rush. And that other weird Canadian band, what's there name again...

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted September 02, 2006 19:36     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
I had friends who thought the same thing about Rush. And that other weird Canadian band, what's there name again...

Billy Talent?

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan