my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Jesse Pintado died

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jesse Pintado died
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted August 28, 2006 15:27     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just read that Napalm's old guitar player Jesse died. I know there are a bunch of ND fans on here, so sorry to tell those of you who hadn't read this yet...

link

|  IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 28, 2006 15:58     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 28, 2006 16:03     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Woah, talk about shocking news!

I will dedicate my "end of day" beer to him, whilst blasting Harmony Corruption.

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted August 28, 2006 16:07     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
another legend is gone....

I will listen to World Downfall on a loop for sure....

Terrorizer fucking rules

RIP Jesse...

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 28, 2006 16:35     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking shit! That's terrible news. R.I.P. Jesse.
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted August 28, 2006 17:17     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So sad news again.

Heard "Dead Shall Rise V.06" today.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 28, 2006 17:20     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn - Terrorizor just reformed, too!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 28, 2006 18:47     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh, this is fucking weak. RIP.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 28, 2006 19:07     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
whilst blasting Harmony Corruption.

And their other best release "Utopia Banished!!"

The messed up thing for me is that I talked to Jesse personally back in '96 before their set, and he came off as a total self-absorbed dickhead! I guess I must've caught him at a bad time. Nevertheless, it doesn't matter because people die everyday and he's obviously no grand exception.

Maybe this all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I had to go to a friend's memorial yesterday, he died just 3 days after his 29th birthday...a way cool dude, and an awesome drummer for a local band called "Vs. the World"
http://www.myspace.com/vstheworld

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 28, 2006 22:27     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also talked to him briefly before one of his last concerts with ND, here in Brasil. It was his first concert post-rehab, he seemed very happy.

Shocking news indeed. RIP Jesse.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 29, 2006 09:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! That blows.

R.I.P. Jesse.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

sidbru
VoivodFan
Member # 457

posted August 29, 2006 11:51     Profile for sidbru   Email sidbru     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just heard. what a jip. the guy could make grind sound smooth and groovin.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 29, 2006 20:54     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTF man.

I think NDs music & overall sound suffered quite a bit when he left. I was hoping he'd return someday... R.I.P. Jesse

BTW, can anyone tell me what the fuck actually HAPPENED? All I can find is that he was in a coma, but nothing about WHY he was in a coma.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 02, 2006 00:29     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is really fucked, musta been some sorta "cocktail"....

RIP Jesse

EDIT: Thinking more about it now, I shouldn't assume this.

Still would be nice to know the 411 on the whole matter though

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 02, 2006 20:03     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...AND let us not forget that which is LOCK UP, either.

--------------------

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 13, 2006 17:29     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

"In Memory Of Jesse Pintado" download album for free: here

Terrorizer - Ripped To Shreds (2:52)
Napalm Death - The World Keeps Turning (2:55)
Napalm Death - Throwaway (3:43)
Terrorizer - Storm Of Stress (1:27)
Napalm Death - Upwards And Uninterested (2:07)
Napalm Death - I Abstain (3:32)
Terrorizer - Corporation Pull-In (2:21)
Napalm Death - Purist Realist (2:57)
Napalm Death - Remain Nameless (3:33)
Napalm Death - Inner Incineration (2:56)

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 13, 2006 23:55     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks dude. I've been trying to post that for days, but the link Earache sent me was as dead as Jesse. So I emailed them for a correction, and they replied with a BLANK fucking field!

Anyway thanks, off to download & post that link.

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 14, 2006 00:03     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apparently, I can't download shit... the songs are stream only?

--------------------

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 14, 2006 04:06     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry. Just found it, but hadn't registered for downloading. So I didn't knew about the rest.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan