my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 365 days ago somethin bad happen (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: 365 days ago somethin bad happen
katorz
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 958

posted August 26, 2006 10:35     Profile for katorz   Email katorz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all, I am new in this site but been a voivod fan since 1989 with nothingface...One year ago, ive lost my favorite guitar player of all time...A very handful guy with an awesome attitude...We will never forget you Piggy
 |  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 26, 2006 10:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard,

yeah it seems like Yesterday. One year just slipped away.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 26, 2006 11:01     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A year already... wow.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 26, 2006 13:11     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just bought a car. First thing I put on the stereo was Dimension Hatross. Didn't even realise it had been a year. I'll be raising a pint for the riffmaster this evening.

Resonate In Peace...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 26, 2006 13:36     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Playing Nothingface tonight with a raised cider in his honour!

btw, the first thing I put on my Mini when I bought it was Turbo Lover and I nearly crashed it as a result.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 26, 2006 14:09     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcöme aböard katorz! Thanks for reminding me, I didn't realize it's been a whole year already...sheesh. Tonight, a big shot of pure cold vodka shall be raised to the riffmaster. Cheers Piggy!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 26, 2006 16:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was gonna make a thread but I don't really think I am capable, so this'll do haha.....

A year today, yeah it seems like a year actually, can never and will never forget about this man, this awe inspiring person, Denis "Piggy" D'Amour.

....cheers to the Riff P

and to everyone else

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 26, 2006 17:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
P i g g y ! ! !
NP: Nothingface
Now Drinking: Tecate w/lime
Just toasted to Piggy w/Mr. Luna. Went on a nice hike in the mountainous mountains. Piggy was in the clouds, in the pine needles, Dude was the Man in the Trees! Yippee for being alive and able to continue to fill the airwaves with Piggy's chords.
(ugh, I'm a fuckin' dork. and this one beer, my first today, isn't even emptied yet)

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 26, 2006 18:23     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
P i g g y ! ! !
NP: Nothingface
Now Drinking: Tecate w/lime
Just toasted to Piggy w/Mr. Luna. Went on a nice hike in the mountainous mountains. Piggy was in the clouds, in the pine needles, Dude was the Man in the Trees! Yippee for being alive and able to continue to fill the airwaves with Piggy's chords.
(ugh, I'm a fuckin' dork. and this one beer, my first today, isn't even emptied yet)

I am so grateful for meeting you and the sis about a year ago, it really helped

Malt liquor here, the cheap way

Hiking rules...

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 26, 2006 18:41     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
[QB]I am so grateful for meeting you and the sis about a year ago, it really helped
[QB]

Wow, Labor Day weekend again....time flies!

I was able to finally listen to the whole of Katorz today (since I found it among my stuff) and what a great and sad day to hear an awesome record!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 26, 2006 19:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, it sure doesn't seem like a year to me, probably because we speak of Piggy so often and he still seems to be with us. Time flies and we're all getting older.
Missed but never forgotten. I overdosed on Voivod the last couple of days not even knowing the one year mark was here already.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 26, 2006 19:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Wow, Labor Day weekend again....time flies!

I was able to finally listen to the whole of Katorz today (since I found it among my stuff) and what a great and sad day to hear an awesome record!

Timing is everything

Have a good one.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 26, 2006 19:39     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Damn, it sure doesn't seem like a year to me, probably because we speak of Piggy so often and he still seems to be with us. Time flies and we're all getting older.
Missed but never forgotten. I overdosed on Voivod the last couple of days not even knowing the one year mark was here already.

Voivod lives

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 26, 2006 21:40     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, listened to Katorz today. hard to believe its been a year.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 26, 2006 22:43     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One year. the mourning is over, now it is time to celebrate. that is the NDN way, well this NDN! thanx to Piggy and the rest for a fine disk! can't wait for the rest of his music to be released and the re-releases!
peas to u all.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 27, 2006 00:34     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please, Luna -- your soliloquy was exceedingly virtuous.

Here's to you, Piggy

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 27, 2006 00:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:

Here's to you, Piggy

What he said

--------------------

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted August 27, 2006 03:29     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
alerady a year has gone by since the tragedy
but still...VOIVOD LIVES !!!

I will drink and smoke in your honour tonight Piggy...RIP

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 27, 2006 04:43     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
smoke lotsa herbage

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 27, 2006 08:02     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I did my own little "tribute" at work last night. I spun War And Pain, Angel Rat and Katorz. W&P didn't go over to well, but fuck 'em.

Piggy rules!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 27, 2006 08:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
W&P didn't go over to well, but fuck 'em.

Piggy rules!

I don't know why, it's such a happy sounding album
Most of my music doesn't go over well at work, but like you said FUCK 'EM, besides I'm the manager and they can't run the place without me... mmmwahahahahahaha

--------------------

yawn

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 27, 2006 10:13     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One year already...having a beer here. Time for some VV stuff.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted August 27, 2006 12:17     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy’s death is something bad for sure, but at least, we now have another good record to ease the pain and plenty of Voïvod stuff still to come: record(s?), dvods, documentary on his life, re-releases, etc. Man, the guy may be dead physically but his soul and musical legacy will shine for many, many years. No, it will shine forever!

A year!!? I will also drink one for you!

momo
VoivodFan
Member # 676

posted August 27, 2006 12:33     Profile for momo   Email momo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to say I love Piggy still.
KATORZ is awesom.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 28, 2006 00:04     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
besides I'm the manager and they can't run the place without me.

Yeah, I had been meaning to ask you how Burger King was treating you lately! Sounds as though you've moved up since the last time we talked...no more flipping burgers!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan