my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod special, at Saphir this saturday August 26, Montreal

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod special, at Saphir this saturday August 26, Montreal
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 25, 2006 22:26     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Already one year since Denis «Piggy» D’Amour as passed away. As an hommage there's a special event at the Saphir night club this saturday August 26 (date of the tragedy).

At midnight only Voivod music from all there records will be played. There's a rumour about Snake and Away joining the party.

Special Voivod night
Saturday august 26 at Minight
Saphir (3699, boulevard Saint-Laurent)
Montreal

That's a resume of a email forwarded from a friend. See you there.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 25, 2006 23:06     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
9pm...MST here...still 25/August.

Cannot believe it's been one year already. YOu going to that shindig Syl?

Ahhhhh.......Piggy.

Listened to parts of Katorz today. Will have to play the cd in 2 hours then.

Cheers to you Denis!!! Katorz rules!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 26, 2006 16:18     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:

YES, I hope their will some others people from the board.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 26, 2006 16:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:

Ahhhhh.......Piggy.

Listened to parts of Katorz today. Will have to play the cd in 2 hours then.

Cheers to you Denis!!! Katorz rules!

Hi Luna,

Luv ya girl!!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 26, 2006 16:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would love to go to this thing, but Seattle is a bit far from Montreal :sad:

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 26, 2006 17:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Hi Luna,

Luv ya girl!!

Hey Dewclaw Infusion! How is the beautiful NW?

Soooo, anyone else in the Multiverse drinkin' a few in heartfelt memory of Denis? I am!

Cheers!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 27, 2006 17:22     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna: Hey Dewclaw Infusion! How is the beautiful NW?

Dewclaw LOL

The NW is great about now, 70-80 degrees, 60 at night.

Come on back again some time!

So how did the tribute go down last night??

--------------------

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted September 02, 2006 00:01     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was cool but not enough Voivod... only 5 songs, and too much classic ones, example: Voivod, the X-Stream, Astronomy Domine, We carry on and Tribal Conviction. Meeting the guys with Syl Disjonk was really cool, there's thing that I wont forget. But in the end, when everybody were too drunk, I was feeling like into my hypercube or lost in this place, feeling forlorn, there for a forgotten reason, the celebration of our favorite guitar player and best compositor ever, Piggy. It's always sad to deal with when you got to face the reality of the missunderstanding of Voivod. But one day will they understand?... I hope, maybe not... but we're not alone!

Sorry again for approximative english.

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 02, 2006 01:08     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quazar:
But in the end, when everybody were too drunk, I was feeling like into my hypercube or lost in this place, feeling forlorn, there for a forgotten reason, the celebration of our favorite guitar player and best compositor ever, Piggy.

That makes all the sense in the world to me my freind, english or not.

--------------------

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted September 02, 2006 01:46     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx, this is the best forum ever!!! Because everyone here are the ones who know, and this is really amazing.

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 02, 2006 09:42     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's sounds cool Quazar. Why only 5 songs?

--------------------

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted September 02, 2006 17:28     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know, every times I ask the Dj why it wasn't playing Voivod, he always told me: "Later,later we will put some Voivod during the night." And I was like: "Hello, dude, Piggy's dead exactly one year ago, what does it need to hear some Voivod?" And he said, I swear it's true: "He's dead, what can we do?" And put anything else in the stereo... I don't like to talk shit but this guy really piss me off.

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted September 07, 2006 08:34     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was a cool night even if they have not played enough Voivod music.

Speaking about Mad Max with Snake is priceless and Away is always as the cool guy that he is.

See you Annie and Quazar!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 07, 2006 08:51     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the dj at saphir is a total cunt. he's been a complete ass to a number of people i know for no good reason.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 07, 2006 09:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, well that explains it then. And how are Mr. Snake and Mr. Away doing?

--------------------

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted September 07, 2006 09:58     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is 2 weeks ago, but anyway, the guys seems pretty happy, Away was as cool as he's always, just chilling with a drink with his friends, and I think, I've heard that he was really satisfied about the Kosmos project. Snake (is really tall) is an incredible party animal, I haven't speak to him a lot, I was a shy a little bit.

By the way, the Voivod celebration side of the night was really low profile.

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan