my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Guitar Tribute To PIGGY Finds A Home

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guitar Tribute To PIGGY Finds A Home
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 24, 2006 04:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ON BBM:
VOIVOD frontman Denis "Snake" Belanger has issued the following update:

"Here's my news: Doing well, relaxing, still doing a lot of interviews. A few weeks ago I went to our hometown Jonquiere to see my parents. While I was there I did a full day of promotion covering the whole Morgoth area Saguenay, Lac St-Jean. Then my girlfriend and I and a bunch of friends went camping for a couple of days. It was great! Shooting fireworks in the sky by the lake, cooking hotdogs on the open fire, and maybe a few beers. Great outdoor hang-overlso.

"This is a good story. At Piggy's funeral last year, I brought my guitar for people to sign it, then we went to the river and tried to burn it (didn't work) to finally throw the guitar off the bridge as a symbolic memoriam to Piggy... Remember? Well, apparently three months ago, a teacher who lives in Chicoutimi (a few miles down the river) found the guitar. Looking at it, he didn't know what this was all about. All the signatures, the burn marks, and after a full winter, I guess the guitar was in pretty bad shape. So he kept it, and brought it to school wondering if students could possibly explain the wrecked guitar. One metal dude raised his hand and said I know what it is. It's a tribute to Piggy, VOIVOD's guitar player who died last year. The class went 'Ahhh!' I hope the guy still has it. It's certainly a keeper."

VOIVOD's new album "Katorz", was issued on July 25 through The End Records. The band plans to release a deluxe vinyl version of "Katorz" in November. The LP will come in color vinyl and will include special artwork and packaging designed by Away. The release will be limited to 1,000 copies and sold exclusively through The End Records' mailorder. There will be a pre-order for the LP.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 24, 2006 06:08     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow!
There's something i wouldn't mind having on the wall

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 24, 2006 06:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
keep your eyes on Ebay. Unless this teacher is kind enough to seek the band out and give it back to them, I can't see any reason for him to keep it since he had no idea what it was in the first and what it represented. it would be cool if the Snake got the guitar back. I'm sure it would mean more to him or Piggy's girlfriend than to a teacher who is not a fan.... of course I have room on my wall to properly display it

--------------------

yawn

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 24, 2006 10:27     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One metal dude raised his hand and said I know what it is. It's a tribute to Piggy, VOIVOD's guitar player who died last year. The class went 'Ahhh!'

I'll pay to have a tape of that scene.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 24, 2006 10:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:

haha...yeah, what a cool Young Metal Cat. He must have been quite proud of himself. But, my dog, what a cool story too. How odd, but I'm picturing this teacher like the teacher from Beavis and Butthead...haha! "Flyyyy, lesbian seagullls!"

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted August 24, 2006 17:25     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy really don't want to go away, as a vampire never die. The symbolic is so huge.

If they play on a stage again, I wish to see this guitar on the stage with them.

I remember that day as yesterday, I was there, my name is on this guitar. If my souvenirs are exact there is foam under the rigid case, because they wanted to let it sailed with flammes but there was too much wind and it drive it to the coast each time.

With the realese of Katorz and the next one, he's still active in our mind and our heart.

Sorry again for my approximative english.

What a story!

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted August 24, 2006 22:07     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello, I’m the teacher and I still have the guitar…ah fuck! Where’s my medication? My imagination runs wild again…

Fascinating story indeed! Immortal Piggy!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 25, 2006 08:25     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:

Ask skulhead, I'm sure he's got it. Maybe you can trade?

Great story. Anyone knows the name of this teacher? Since I did all my school years in Chicoutimi, I might know him...

Oh, and Snake said he did promotion in the Morgoth (Saguenay) area, yet I haven't heard or seen anything about it. Even the local Voir hasn't said a word about the realease of Katorz. Weird.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan