my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Update from Away!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update from Away!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 23, 2006 22:17     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD drummer Michel "Away" Langevin has issued the following update:

"Snake [vocalist Denis 'Snake' Belanger] and I recently completed a whirlwind press trip of six countries arranged by our Euro label Nuclear Blast. We just got back from hanging out with Jason [Newsted, VOIVOD/ex-METALLICA bassist] in L.A. where The End Records held a CD release party July 24 at the Rok Bar. We also jammed one night at Jason's place! He has recently produced an incredible amount of very detailed paintings. I must say that I was really impressed with his artwork. We then headed back to Montreal for a special CBC Radio 2 hour broadcast. We had some calls from Max from SOULFLY and Andreas from SEPULTURA, then were taken to a CBC soundstage where a string quartet performed a VOIVOD medley orchestrated by our friend Ram. Incredible! Right after we held our Montreal release party and celebrated three years of hard work finally immortalized on CD. Thank you again, Piggy!

"As for now, I am putting together more art and Iron Gang demos for the Sanctuary re-release of the Noise catalogue. Also, The End will re-release 'Angel Rat' and 'The Outer Limits'. 'DVOD-2', featuring the power trio years is under construction, to come out soon. My art book is finished and will also be released soon on Troubleman Unlimited. Look for our new merch store at Bandmerch.com where we will also be adding prints of my art.

"In other news we were asked by the makers of the Guitar Hero game if we would let them use a song for GH2, so after some thought we could see no wrong in having two million kids learn Piggy's riff on a Playstation!"

"Thanks to everyone who continues to work on and support our music."

VOIVOD's new album "Katorz", was issued on July 25 through The End Records. The band plans to release a deluxe vinyl version of "Katorz" in November. The LP will come in color vinyl and will include special artwork and packaging designed by Away. The release will be limited to 1,000 copies and sold exclusively through The End Records' mailorder. There will be a pre-order for the LP.

Wicked news! I'm gonna need a second job to buy all the cool shit coming out!

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 24, 2006 04:12     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggys riffs on a Playstation! Re-releasing Angelrat! Jason paints! Max on one phone, Andreas on the other!

Cor.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 24, 2006 04:36     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can they stop mentioning his history with Mutallica already?
The way those losers sounds nowadays i would prefer to try to keep it a secret

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 24, 2006 06:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's incredible news. I look forward to all the great stuff that's getting released.
I'm curious to what Jason is painting.

--------------------

yawn

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 24, 2006 10:04     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news.

The art book is done !!!
I hope Away will do a launching party.

I didn't knew that Jason was a painter artist too. Is there anyway to see some of his works online ?

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 24, 2006 10:29     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
prints of his art!
Seems they've been busy. Damn, you're right bout saving some cashola...that's a shit-ton of new thingys to buy.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted August 24, 2006 10:48     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod in GH2? Thats so damn cool! Those game developers have some taste for sure. Lots of other great news as well!

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted August 24, 2006 12:27     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by code:
...Those game developers have some taste for sure...

Too right.
In a thread that's been running since yesterday afternoon - one of those "What are yopu listening to right now" threads - on a game dev forum, Voivod have been noted twice in only three pages, both cites for "Katorz".

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 24, 2006 14:59     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy will be the games End of Level Boss!

I mean, how much harder can you make it for people?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted September 30, 2006 14:44     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just went to bandmerch.com. The "special value bundle" is for 2 shirts (Korgull and logo), at the "special" price of $46. Who is running that place, Sharon Osbourne? Oy vey, I'll pass...

On the other hand, I'm VERY encouraged to read that Away is further cleaning up Iron Gang tapes for the Noise reissues. I notices that it separately said that The End will be re-releasing AR and TOL, no mention of bonus tracks for these, but one can hope...

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan