my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » May I? May I? New spaceman aboard... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: May I? May I? New spaceman aboard...
Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted August 21, 2006 16:11     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am connected, I am connected...
 |  IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 21, 2006 16:15     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome. What brought you here after all this time?

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted August 21, 2006 17:36     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Simple. As an old Voïvod fan, I visit this forum quite often but it just struck me this afternoon that maybe I could join the parade for real instead of being some kind of lazy voyeur…

Old Voïvod fan : Well, I may not be as old as some of you are…(joke!) I’m 29, but I bought my first real record (deliberately not counting some crappy shit) at about 9 or 10, and this record was none other than War and Pain, so I guess it makes me an old Voïvod fan. So my musical education went like this: crappy disco shit, The Jackson Five and next a giant leap called Voïvod!.........First spin I hated it, second spin I tolerated it and on the third spin I was already addicted to it and raging all over my sister’s bedroom, doing air guitar on Piggy’s riffs and screaming like mad!

Second reason: I find the site entertaining, informative and cool in a down to earth way.

Oh, i forgot to say hi! so:Hi!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 21, 2006 17:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
welcome old young newbie voyeur... Glad you finally desided to become an official member of the coolest fuckin place on the web. Yes, many of us are older . You must be pretty open minded to be able to enjoy War And Pain at such a young age.

Enjoy your stay.

--------------------

yawn

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 21, 2006 18:12     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HI! Good to have you here

.....and I'm glad to be back myself!!

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted August 21, 2006 19:21     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
[QB] You must be pretty open minded to be able to enjoy War And Pain at such a young age.

QB]

To be honest, the first time I heard it I was a little frightened by the strange atmosphere, but it’s like the first time you go in a big roller-coaster: you almost vomit your guts, but then you go for a second ride. Anyway,closed minds breed ignorance as you say...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 21, 2006 20:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snakes vocals on the first 2 albums sounded like he was "vomitting his guts up" but then he got used to the ride and started finding his groove by the time Killing Tech came along.

Welcome back Hypergrrl. Where ya been? glad to see ya back on our planet.

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 21, 2006 21:42     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard dude. (and w/b Hypergrrl) I haven't been here much myself lately, but nice to see the new (old) blood still flowing in. IMO, the best thing about W & P was the growth and progression which followed.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 21, 2006 22:20     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meet me in the pit, titless!

...uh, I mean, welcome aboard!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 22, 2006 01:10     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He welcome, man. Where your come frome?
29 old?? haha. Some of us are nearly 40 or maybe over. Me myself come from Holland and will be 39 coming tuesday.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 22, 2006 01:52     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Me myself come from Holland and will be 39 coming tuesday.

39? I'll be 38 next February, not far behind you mate! Can't wait to hit 40 so I can start fresh again with the "climb"...I believe it feels much better then going downhill once you've hit over that hump!

Oh, and Dovïov, welcome to this shithole we call VVF!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 22, 2006 05:21     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Meet me in the pit, titless!

Ah, that evergreen chestnut - I miss those days, but not THAT woman.

Welcome aboard!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 22, 2006 10:26     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Voivod spelled backwards.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 22, 2006 10:32     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome!
I like the Jackson 5 too.
ELO is also a big favorite of many people here on VVF.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 22, 2006 13:34     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't forget Richard F00kin' Marx!

Welcome aboard, Doivïovid!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted August 22, 2006 14:02     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
welcome!
Interesting to hear you started listen to voivod when you were nine years old because i was exactly the same age when i bought my first Voivod album The album was Dimension Hatröss though. I was pretty confused the first listens i must say!

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted August 22, 2006 16:21     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Don't forget Richard F00kin' Marx!

Welcome aboard, Doivïovid!

Welcome and dont forget James Brown

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted August 22, 2006 17:14     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
He welcome, man. Where your come frome?
29 old?? haha. Some of us are nearly 40 or maybe over. Me myself come from Holland and will be 39 coming tuesday.

I’m a French Canadian now living in Montréal, Québec. But I was raised (and lived the most part of my life) in the suburbs, in a much smaller town called Joliette.
Joliette is famous for…euh…well, I don’t see for now, but it must be famous for something because I’m very proud to say I’m from this city…

And btw, Paul, I heard somewhere that life starts at 40…or maybe it’s midlife crisis…not sure...

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted August 22, 2006 17:20     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dovïov, Dovïvïdo or Doivïovid
I’m aware that my nickname sounds cheesy and maybe even a little pretentious, but, hey, I didn’t put that much thought into. Thinking of it, maybe I should have. I wonder what it would look like with an extra Z or something…

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 22, 2006 17:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dovïov:
I’m very proud to say I’m from this city…

And btw, Paul, I heard somewhere that life starts at 40…or maybe it’s midlife crisis…not sure...

He i am from Westervoort. Nobody has ever heard of this gate but i happen to like it here. Oh, is life beginning at 40??? Way to go. I will have to wait another year to reach that.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 22, 2006 18:40     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dovïov:
Dovïov, Dovïvïdo or Doivïovid
I’m aware that my nickname sounds cheesy and maybe even a little pretentious, but, hey, I didn’t put that much thought into. Thinking of it, maybe I should have. I wonder what it would look like with an extra Z or something…

Doivïovidz?

Naaah, doesn't work.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted August 22, 2006 19:07     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, welcome to the board man! It's cool to hear how cool everyone seems to think this place is. I couldn't agree more. For whatever reason, it does seem like a unique place as far as the internet goes. Every now and then, I find myself posting at another band's forum, only to regret it later because two seconds later someone is correcting you or proving that they know more or are a better fan or something childish and stupid.
But this is the only place that gives me the feeling like I'm having a beer with some friends in my garage listening to tunes and talking about music.
Hell, I even consider some of you my friends simply because I read your thoughts everday. Dimented, I know. But a damn cool site this is. I used to come here regularly just to see what's up with Voivod. And nowadays I come here just to read what Schroed, Fuse, Mez, Nuc, Luna, H, warcorpse, nothingface, J Lynn, etc have to say. You guys crack me up, make me think, make me mad, make me check out new music, and make me smile all in one.
Definitely the coolest board on the net. welcome bro'.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 22, 2006 20:38     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by code:
I was pretty confused the first listens i must say!

Welcome Diovod. Have a pleasant stay. I hope u brought a towel with u!
Btw, I am still confused! Well up until the s/t.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted August 23, 2006 00:39     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bienbiendo!! Wilkommen!!

Lucky for you, the initiation process here no longer involves downing shots of nuclear waste.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 23, 2006 02:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:
Bienbiendo!! Wilkommen!!

Lucky for you, the initiation process here no longer involves downing shots of nuclear waste.

Yeah, just do not, i repeat DO NOT Spam.

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam, lovely Spaaaaaaaaaam

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan