my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » After 20 years...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: After 20 years...
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted August 18, 2006 12:50     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...I've finally decided that This Is Not An Exercise just might be my favorite Voivod song ever. It just kinda snuck up on me this morning.

That is all.

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 18, 2006 17:09     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, along with Forgotten in Space, and Overreaction, and Order of the blackguards, and Jack Luminous and, Mercury, and Korgull the exterminator, and.....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 18, 2006 17:46     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it *is* my favorite song!

The tension building and the panic is awesome!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 18, 2006 17:58     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that I think about it, I never had a single favourite Voïvod song. It's a strong contender, alongside Technocratic Manip, Inner Combustion, Forgotten...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 18, 2006 19:31     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
without a doubt, the greatest Blacky bass interlude ever is in that one. i always get the image of someone slapping a mile wide tin roof on the surface of a lake. its in my top 3 songs, for sure.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted August 18, 2006 21:26     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For me these ones caught me in their vortex: Cosmic Conspiracy(my first riff), Le Pont Noir, Wrong-way Street, Missing Sequences, Phobos, Forlorn, Killing Technology, To the Death, Live for Violence.

But This is not an Exercise is a must on as one of ultimate Voivod song.

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 19, 2006 05:07     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I figured this out 3 years ago!

Great song, but I am not gonna say it is my fave, too many to choose from, can't quantify itall

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 20, 2006 06:15     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wouldn't even like to try and pick one personally - anything from RRROOOAAARRR, Killing Technology and Dimension Hatross is right up there for me. I do think that cosmic drama is one of the best album closers I've ever heard though.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted August 20, 2006 12:27     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Cosmic Drama is my favorite Voivod song ever. Runner up; Angel Rat.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan