my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Where to start with Voivod

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to start with Voivod
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 18, 2006 10:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not that any of you lot need telling, but there's a nice 2 page spread in this weeks kerrang magazine:

|  IP: Logged
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted August 18, 2006 11:07     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm. Guess I'll finally need to listen to Killing Technology, Hatross and Nothingface.

I'm actually very jealous of anyone that gets to hear them for the first time after reading that piece...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 18, 2006 12:01     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks Harry. i couldn't quite face picking up Kkkerang in the shop.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 18, 2006 13:36     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is so killer!
I think that i will make a CD with those suggested songs in that order.
I already have my own favorites mix, but am interrested to hear those in that order.

The Photo caught my attention. Its an excellent picture of Piggy...as well as the whole classic lineup.

Maybe i can find an issue of that mag somewhere here in Croatia.

Thanks for posting that H!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 18, 2006 14:04     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the buying guide at the bottom there... I've never found Voïvod very condusive to mix-tapes, but consider them more of an 'album' band. The 4 albums recommended are dead-on IMO as essential introductory listening to anyone just discovering them.

Thanks for the share H!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 18, 2006 14:13     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heart Voivod...haha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 18, 2006 21:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!!!! What's Kerrang doing, trying to get the readers back who paid money for their mag back in the 80's ?... I'm impressed. Great pic of the original fab four.

--------------------

yawn

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted August 21, 2006 02:23     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's pretty funny because that is where i started with Voivod.
I had heard about them a few times and i saw there name on the "THANKS" list of another album i just bought so i went out to see if i liked them.
After that i bought every album they've ever released as soon as i could get my hands on it.

The thing i like most is that i havent tired of any of there stuff.
There are a few bands i use to love back in the 80's that i just aint interested in anymore.
Voiovd is not one of those bands.

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted August 22, 2006 11:13     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, cool, that's funny because for an homework at college about Drugs in Arts I put on a CD, Jack Luminous and Cosmic Drama to be representative and efficacely understood by my teacher about Voivod as being a form of "real" art, this is a really good review!

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan