my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » new Metallica song (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: new Metallica song
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 17, 2006 13:54     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
It sounds nothing like these albums.

Alrighty then, I'll correct myself in saying that it sounds...FUCKING LAME!!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 17, 2006 14:02     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
Ugh... up until Hetfield started "singing", it was decent at best... but fuck that guy should stop trying to sing and start yelling his lungs out... i stopped it after 30 seconds, i can't stand his vocals, absolute worst singer ever in metal... good god, someone stop 'em...

Totally agreed!!

That's probably the first and foremost thing I would correct if I were Rick...no more singing and especially ad-libbing with "whoas", and "yeah-yeahs"

If I were to produce this album, for starts, I would immediately get back their classic metal sound, like off of RTL, or even MoP. I can't stand their guitar sound from the last 3 albums...they need to stop playing Telecasters, Les Pauls, and the like...or at least get rid of the vintage pick-ups, and get something hot and active again! (like a 19 year old female stripper for example! )

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 17, 2006 14:49     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was poetic, hex.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 17, 2006 18:31     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
They lost their edge, they lost themselves, it's so painful for any old-time fans. I don't think ridiculing them is appropriate now, they deserve a mourn instead.

I stated that as well in my first post. I also said "for starters" they need to get their old sound back "mechanically-speaking", in order for it to be even half-way lisetenable again..then the songwriting itself, or vice-versa. A producer deals with how a band should sound as well as with the song-structure.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 21, 2006 10:05     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
no more singing and especially ad-libbing with "whoas", and "yeah-yeahs"

They should change their name to "Metallic-ah!"

Yeaheah-ah!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan