my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » new Metallica song (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: new Metallica song
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted August 15, 2006 17:13     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
click
 |  IP: Logged
Dan-Hell
VoivodFan
Member # 333

posted August 15, 2006 17:58     Profile for Dan-Hell   Email Dan-Hell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crap

--------------------

dan-hell

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 15, 2006 18:20     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
James' vocals suck as usual, the guitar solo is generic as usual. (should've kept with the formula of "no solos")

Hopefully Rick Rubin will have them scratch this song, and any others like it...too "Load/Reload/St. Anger" sounding

Actually, I hope Rick Rubin just tells them to quit and retire, because there is no fucking hope!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 15, 2006 18:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard this one a couple months ago and wasn't impressed but hoped Rubin might be able to do "something" with it... maybe NOT!!!

Too bad Trujillo joined the band while the ship was sinking. I was hoping they might actully get better, but I'm not sure that's possible anymore. At least Robert is filthy rich now, and maybe he can do what Newsted did and go join a band that never got the respect they deserved and the promotion they deserved... back to SUICIDAL TENDENCIES!!!! I''d love to see Trujillo hook back up with Muir and be a bad ass funky muth fuckin metalhead again.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 15, 2006 22:48     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THE OTHER NEW SONG

Hmmmm...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted August 16, 2006 00:16     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that first one is terrible.way,way to slow.
the second one might be o.k..I'd like to hear that one again but better audio.

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted August 16, 2006 03:46     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i hate Metallica since the justice for all crap, sorry for that....but I'm happy about the fact that i could see one show with Burton 1985!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted August 16, 2006 05:12     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I blame Ted Nugent.
I like Hetfield's beard though. How long's he had that?

Poor old Lars. He's never aimed very high, and yet he still misses.

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 16, 2006 10:34     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metallica has to be the most talked about band in all the music forums I read, and every thread is exactly the same. I think it means people still love them.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 16, 2006 10:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
Metallica has to be the most talked about band in all the music forums I read, and every thread is exactly the same. I think it means people still love them.

BINGO!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted August 16, 2006 10:47     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:

No kidding. They still sell tons of CDs and play arenas, but according to every forum, people despise them! haha

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 16, 2006 17:11     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
When leaders become followers.

Sad but true.

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 16, 2006 19:00     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Found both of them mind numbingly boring.

This bodes badly

--------------------

Hail Santa...

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 16, 2006 19:02     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately...

Outlook: not so good.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 16, 2006 21:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just about liked it til Hetfield started singing...ugh.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted August 16, 2006 21:24     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like, I like...including the solo on the first song! And that part starting at like 6:53 on the first song--come on!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 16, 2006 21:27     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't think of a single positive thing to say here. This band has become a mockery of themselves and metal in general, yet that is 15+ year old news.

BTW, could Hammett & Ulrich possibly suck more?

P.S. Hetfield needs to lay off the vocals. Somewhere, somehow, something has gone horribly wrong.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted August 17, 2006 00:12     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I gave up after RTL. Saw them open for Raven in '83. THAT was a show! Still, it'll sell 10 million...
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 17, 2006 01:52     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
People love Metallica. I do not like everything after Justice and so seems to think almost every selfrespecting metalfan.

But how come they sell out every goddamn stadium where they play. It must be the Metallica playing live. Still a great great show. I saw them in June here in Arnhem. 30.000 people went bezerk.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted August 17, 2006 01:56     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How the hell can you guys say the second one sucked?
The sound quality is so bad you can't even hear it.I don't see how you can have an opinion an a song you can't even hear.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 17, 2006 05:03     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Filth Hound:
How the hell can you guys say the second one sucked?
The sound quality is so bad you can't even hear it.I don't see how you can have an opinion an a song you can't even hear.

suffice to say its a new Metallica song I guess...

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 17, 2006 06:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll still buy the album when it comes out. I've got all the other albums and I'll be curious and hopefull that there will be some good song... my fingers are crossed.

That second song isn't even worth "trying" to listen to the quality is horrible.

--------------------

yawn

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted August 17, 2006 09:20     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ugh... up until Hetfield started "singing", it was decent at best... but fuck that guy should stop trying to sing and start yelling his lungs out... i stopped it after 30 seconds, i can't stand his vocals, absolute worst singer ever in metal... good god, someone stop 'em...
Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted August 17, 2006 09:41     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
[QB]But how come they sell out every goddamn stadium where they play. [QB]

Prob'ly 'cos a lot of younger metal fans weren't even alive the first three tours!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted August 17, 2006 10:09     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
...i can't stand his vocals, absolute worst singer ever in metal...

For me that's Axl Rose, however, I digress...

I remember weeping with laughter at that whole "making of" video they put out where Bob Rock repeatedly forced your man to sing "Nothing Else Matters" (IIRC) over and over, while I marvelled at just how dreadful he sounded.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan