my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Great "Katorz" review

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great "Katorz" review
endlessly
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 882

posted August 15, 2006 14:57     Profile for endlessly   Email endlessly     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right on!
http://www.transformonline.com/music/reviews/004919.php

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 15, 2006 19:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't even tune my air guitar to make it sound like Piggy!!!!

--------------------

yawn

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted August 15, 2006 19:56     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Now if you all will excuse me, I have some air-guitaring to attend to."

I have played ALOT of air-guitar to Katorz as well

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 15, 2006 18:07     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a confession to make. Katorz isn't the shit for me. I do not know about you guys but i do not play it at all. I LOVE VOivod, like all of you, and i like posting here every now and then with you all. But i feel guilty not liking the Voivod songs after Phobos. And i feel guilty not liking Katorz, especially because of all the effort the have put in it, and because of the death of Piggy.
I do not know why i am writing this at all. It is just my feeling. Talking bad about your heroes doesn't feel right, does it.

Now this is of my chest.... at last.....

Sorry everyone. Forget this post and go on with your lives.

thank you.,

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted September 15, 2006 18:51     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
I have a confession to make. Katorz isn't the shit for me. I do not know about you guys but i do not play it at all. I LOVE VOivod, like all of you, and i like posting here every now and then with you all. But i feel guilty not liking the Voivod songs after Phobos. And i feel guilty not liking Katorz, especially because of all the effort the have put in it, and because of the death of Piggy.
I do not know why i am writing this at all. It is just my feeling. Talking bad about your heroes doesn't feel right, does it.

Now this is of my chest.... at last.....

Sorry everyone. Forget this post and go on with your lives.

thank you.,

Paul, i copied-paste your message with little variations to say how i feel about Katorz. I hope you don't mind!

I have a confession to make. Katorz is sometimes the shit for me. I do not know about you guys but i may not play it that often, but when i do it feels just right. I LOVE VOivod, like all of you, and i like posting here every now and then with you all. But i don't feel guilty not liking Katorz as much as i wanted to, because it has nothing to do with all the effort they have put in it or the death of Piggy. It's all about me, prefering prog and/or metal over rock'n roll...
I do not know why i am writing this at all. It is just my feeling. Talking about your heroes is always right, is it?.

Now this is off my brain.... at last.....

Hi everyone. Do what you want with this post and go on with your lives.

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted September 19, 2006 09:30     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gotta say - from the download I thought it was a bit average sounding - but witha couple of killer tracks - polaroids and mr clan.

now I have the proper CD - it blows me away, I listen to it everynight while doing the dishes!

Its a fantastic record for me!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted September 20, 2006 09:07     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The same thing it happened to me with Nothingface, TOL and Angel Rat but after 5 to 7 listening to the whole albums (required to digest any of them) I can appreciate the genius of their music and for the album that I like less (TOL) I could pick at least 3 killer songs in it.

Last week I was listening to the s/t in my car at a very loud volume (after a while without listening to it) and I say that is a great album.
For Katorz it's a bit early because I don't have already digested it but I could name at least 4 or 5 great songs.

Well I think the Voivod vibe is in all their songs , from WaP to Katorz, whatever kind of music they are playing, sure no one is forced to like all the albums or all the songs (there are 1 to 3 tracks for almost every albums except KT and DH that I don't like) but to me until now it never happened to dislike a whole record.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan