my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Interesting Snake interview in "Pop Matters"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Interesting Snake interview in "Pop Matters"
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted August 14, 2006 12:39     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.popmatters.com/columns/begrand/060713.shtml

I've only recently discovered that this site covers metal quite so thoroughly, and quite so well.

The interview is great, and Snake drops very exciting hints of the next album's impending approach! (I flippin' love the track 'Polaroids'.)

Usual apologies apply if this thread is a double...

(Celtic Frost in five days!!!!)

|  IP: Logged
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted August 14, 2006 13:38     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great interview! Thanks for posting that-
Yeah that next album part was interesting!

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 14, 2006 15:05     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interesting interview, I didn't knew that Snake add work with Glen Robinson for the Probot project in wich he sound amazing.

I think that Glen is a kind of an extra band member on Katorz. I think that the self title record and Outer Limits would be have been much better with him. He does that subtitle things that make more liveful and kicking.

I think that Katorz is great, it as a sense of wholeness,flowing and maturity that make's a great record. It's hard to describe but it's not just a collection of songs ... it's a one piece record. I always listen to it entirely.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted August 14, 2006 17:20     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's probably the best Katorz interview/review I've read so far. Well worth a look.

Great work.

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted August 14, 2006 20:27     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN that is quite an review for sure! I'm still waiting for My Katorz.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted August 15, 2006 04:38     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:

I think that Glen is a kind of an extra band member on Katorz.

Yes, that's a nice way of looking at it.
To have kept this record organic, given the manner of it's production, is something that they clearly and justifiably all feel very proud of...

quote:

I think that the self title record and Outer Limits would be have been much better with him. He does that subtitle things that make more liveful and kicking.
[/QB]

You're no doubt right abou s/t, but 'ToL'? I love that albums production! It sounds like some massive French prog band to me.

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted August 15, 2006 05:16     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
[QB]
I think that the self title record and Outer Limits would be have been much better with him.
QB]

I think TOLs production is among Voivods best. That spacy Sci-fi/Rock sound is totally unique. But i would have liked to see Glen behind the mixer on S/T for sure.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 15, 2006 14:07     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the Outer Limits production too, but I think it will have an extra crunch or dirtiness with Glen or maybe a more distorted bass will have do the trick.

I'm cranking it right now. It's an underestimated album, as for the sci-fi and psychedelic elements this album cannot been named better.

Sony almost done nothing for this one, they got so much good songs like "Le Pont Noir" (wich will be good in a live set by the way) that could have done a great video.

Jack Luminous is worth buying the record alone in my opinion. Hell it's great the way it is. But I think that Katorz got more a sense of wholeness.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 15, 2006 19:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Outer Limits is a timeless masterpiece that is perfect how it is. Fuckin brilliant in every way way shape and form. the art and the music go hand in hand better than almost any album I can think of. Everything about TOL is mindblowing... from the sci fi lyrics and riffs, the god-like drumming, the 3-d visuals and glasses. This thing should be hanging and playing in the Louvre.

Oh yeah BTW: another excellent interview. There have been so many great interviews from Jasonic, Away, and Snake about the band and the new album... IT'S GREAT!!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 16, 2006 17:15     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
The Outer Limits is a timeless masterpiece that is perfect how it is. Fuckin brilliant in every way way shape and form. the art and the music go hand in hand better than almost any album I can think of. Everything about TOL is mindblowing... from the sci fi lyrics and riffs, the god-like drumming, the 3-d visuals and glasses. This thing should be hanging and playing in the Louvre.

Well said. *aplause*

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan