my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » METAL TEMPLE interview: VOÏVOD to tour in 2007???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: METAL TEMPLE interview: VOÏVOD to tour in 2007???
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 10, 2006 14:04     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's an interview with Away from last month, posted on the "Metal Temple" website:

Away interview on Metal Temple

One of que questions (and the subsequent answer) surely took me by surprise:

quote:
At the present time, I imagine that you are not planning any live shows…

Yes, right now it’s very confusing for us… We can’t really think of a tour without Piggy but we recorded 10 songs and we still have 13 songs to finish for next year, after that we’ll see what’s going to happen. But if we ever need to go on tour to promote the album, we were offered some help from Andreas [Kisser - guitarist] of Sepultura, which is great because he was the one I was thinking of and because when we were on tour in 2003 for the last album, I really liked his playing, it actually reminded me of Piggy’s playing in its originality. So, there is hope next year, but not this year because it’s too hard for us to picture us on stage without Piggy. What we want to do though is in November 2006, we’d love to organize a show, a tribute concert to Piggy in Montreal and we want to film it and release it on DVD. We will invite guest guitar players, people Piggy loved and people who loved Piggy.

Adding to what Away stated, Andreas apparently told the same thing (about touring with Voïvod) to the sepultura.com.br webmaster. Let's see what happens.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 10, 2006 14:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Here's an interview with Away from last month, posted on the "Metal Temple" website:

Away interview on Metal Temple

One of que questions (and the subsequent answer) surely took me by surprise:

Adding to what Away stated, Andreas apparently told the same thing (about touring with Voïvod) to the sepultura.com.br webmaster. Let's see what happens.

Hehe, Europe is first...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 10, 2006 21:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOVE THE TRIBUTE SHOW IDEA... I think it was ME that wrote something about wanting to see that happen, shortly after Piggy passed on.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan