my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Snake...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snake...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 09, 2006 21:39     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...sounds fucking badass on "The Getaway".

Discuss.

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 09, 2006 23:10     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He sounds great on the whole record. I even dig the na na-na-na na na-na-na-na-na in No Angel.
I love Jasons backing vox too.
The best vocal on the whole album is when he sings "Mom, Dad and Sisters" in Red My Mind. Fucking cool.

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted August 09, 2006 23:49     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snake is on form for Katorz for sure.

On a side note... does anyone know who Snake is refering to on 'After All' when he says 'Joey died, and nothing has changed' ?
My guesses were either Joey Ramone or Joey from Friends.

Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted August 10, 2006 00:51     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Definately referring to Jeffry Hyman.

Snake is in not just the best singing form of his career here but his lyrics are top-notch. The odd and quirky stuff, alliteration and alternate spellings. You can tell the guy has a lifetime of experience playing with words and enjoying it.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 10, 2006 01:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the reason Snake has always been one of my favorite vocalist and lyrist is because of how he accents words and when he writes lyrics, they are just so fuckin creative. I really like how his writting style has evolved and changed over the years. The man is a freakin genius.. no doubt about it. And to still sound unique and in top form after all these year is impressive as hell.

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 10, 2006 11:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Extra points go to the word puns he puts here and there, "silly clones" being one of my favorite.
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted August 11, 2006 04:32     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snake is amazing on this album. Fav performance atm; "...As you stick out your reptile tounge, I got hallucinations..." from No Angel. As mentioned above "Mom, dad and sisters" from Red My Mind. The opening of The Getaway "Bring the boys back, they are under attack!". "Metal" from the X-stream. The energic "Hey!" from Polariods and the groaning "Yeah" from After All are nice as well. And i think its nice to hear the "Na, na, na , na" Stuff again on No Angel. Havent heard it since Angel Rats None of the Above! The only complaint i have is not performance wise though, its more a production issue. Where are the harmonies? There are a lot of songs that would have benefited from harmonies imo!

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted August 11, 2006 22:02     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
On a side note... does anyone know who Snake is refering to on 'After All' when he says 'Joey died, and nothing has changed' ?
My guesses were either Joey Ramone or Joey from Friends.

Joey Ramone

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted August 12, 2006 00:48     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what would change when Joey Ramone died?

People die all the time and it never really changes the world any.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 12, 2006 00:53     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Philosophy....a smile on a dog

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan