my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Soundscan Report, Katorz sales

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Soundscan Report, Katorz sales
Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted August 02, 2006 11:25     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The following are notable heavy metal/hard rock U.S. sales debuts for the week ending July 30, 2006, as reported by Nielsen SoundScan (all figures are rounded to the nearest thousand, except numbers under 1,000, which are rounded to the nearest hundred; The Billboard 200 chart position included, where applicable):

SAMMY HAGAR - "Livin' It Up": 16,000 (#50)
NEW YORK DOLLS - "One Day It Will Please Us To Remember Even This": 7,000 (#129)
TERROR - "Always The Hard Way": 3,000
VOIVOD - "Katorz": 2,000
GORGOROTH - "Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam": 500
ANKLA - "Steep Trails": 400
GRAVE - "As Rapture Comes": 300

SOURCE

My question is : where's Slayer ???

|  IP: Logged
Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted August 02, 2006 11:55     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In comparaison : 3030 for S/T
http://www.voivodfan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001111

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 02, 2006 13:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, at least they've sold more than Gorogoth....
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 02, 2006 17:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shit... if everyone on this forum bought one (which everyone damn well, better had) we almost made up 50% of the first weeks sales considering the amount of members we have. Hopefully there will be some more publicity and steady sales.

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 02, 2006 18:45     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, that's only the US figures luckily. The European figures should be slightly better (I hope...) once the record gets released in all countries over here. BTW, is that the number of records sold in retail stores only or are the CDs that were sold directly from The End Records site and Bandmerch included?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 02, 2006 19:18     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinenz:
BTW, is that the number of records sold in retail stores only or are the CDs that were sold directly from The End Records site and Bandmerch included?

I think these are only numbers that reflect retail stores. Then again, I'm still not sure how that works, is this the number of albums the retail store themselves got from The End, or are they number sold.

I guess the only truly accurate way of knowing is to get The End's and Nuclear Blast's sales figures, and add them together. Units moved is how I would determine sales, not by retail purchases.

--------------------

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted August 02, 2006 19:42     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When i entered the Nuclear Blast homepage it was Voivod banners all over the place. Thats something at least

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 03, 2006 00:17     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's hard to track sales of records that are so far from the mainstream. We buy from where the records are carried and there's a nice selection of our music that's ignored by bigger retailers. With that said, any and all stores that sign up can report to Soundscan. In fact, you can ever report CD sales from live shows to Soundscan if you are set up for it. The question is, do all the smaller niche stores that carry specialized music report?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 03, 2006 06:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SO, more than likely there have been a lot more moved and sold than what the numbers state.

thats good, because bottom line is that stores and people are getting it from the END and the band is getting royalties from units sold not just from so called sales figures which are misleading.

sales figures aside the fact is it's another great Voivod album no matter how many are sold...

--------------------

yawn

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted August 03, 2006 15:24     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
those retail figures are shit.It doesnt mean anything.They could sell a million copies to some retail but if there just sitting in some shop and not getting listened to,who cares?
sure the band will make some money but if they went on tour they would see just how many copies got sold.
Anyway most of the great bands don't sell a shitload of albums.The truly great music is for the few and the shit music is for the masses who need the radio to tell them what to listen to and what to buy.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 03, 2006 20:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All my favorite bands have gone multi platinum:
Porcupine Tree
King Crimson
Voivod
Budgie
Trouble

oh wait... you're right Filth Hound

every now and then a talented band who is original and creative will somehow tap into the masses and sell tons of albums and still maintain their creativity... look at Tool. I never would have expected them to sell the amount of discs that they do, and they certainly aren't commercial or marketed for mass appeal.

--------------------

yawn

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted August 03, 2006 22:20     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2000 isn't bad for any metal band in one week. I think CF's Monothiest did 2500 or so according to Soundscan. But, without tour support, it will be tough. Maybe we will see the "X-Stream" used in a Chevy Truck commerical or "The Getaway" used for a US Army Ad. (Ha Ha) Lame, but it would put some decent $$$ in the band's pockets.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 04, 2006 06:21     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe Phobos did 3,500 copies in the USA totally. So obviously Voivod isn't doing it for the money, they would have quit it that was the case. But we already knew that. I hope this record will do them well financially.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 17, 2006 18:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Slayer-Christ Illusion

Entered the Billboard 200 chart at position No. 5 after selling 62,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release.

SWEET!!!! It's good to know the old school thrash can still sell when promoted properly. It also does my heart good when I see young kids on the boardwalk where I work with classic metal shirts instead of nu-metal T's... there is still hope for the world.

--------------------

yawn

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 17, 2006 18:20     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, there isn't. But at least it's cool seeing old-school thrash still being appreciated.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 17, 2006 20:16     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was rather lukewarm about Christ Illusion at first... but it sorta grew on me. They played most of it on CFOU (the local college radio) the other night and it clicked.

I like Catatonic alot.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 17, 2006 23:00     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I see young kids on the boardwalk where I work with classic metal shirts instead of nu-metal T's... there is still hope for the world.

I notice it too alot lately man, also the big trucker sunglasses are making a comeback.

..Kula still has his pair

When i see em youngans with the classic T's and trucker shades, i gives respect

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 18, 2006 06:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I usually make a coment to anyone wearing a cool metal T shirt. The other day a guy was walking into the gallery where I work with a Thin Lizzy shirt, and I was ready to make a comment to him when I realized it he wasn't a stranger but a good friend I hadn't seen in about 18 years!!!! He used to be the guitarist for Rancid Decay aka The Rancid and some othe cool Baltimore bands after that and now in a band called Mantooth (think Slayer/Celtic Frost vibe). It was great catching up with him... never know who you might see who still have good taste in music.

--------------------

yawn

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 18, 2006 13:59     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Well, at least they've sold more than Gorogoth....

Bite your tongue Southern Man or i will send Gaal to burn down your Goat Barn!
Just as soon as he is released from Norway Prison that is.
(Serving a few months for kicking a guy's ass who deserved it.)

If Voivod sell more than Gorgoroth i dont care, because we both can agree that Voivod have more than earned it.

HATROSS...I actually do still have those Sunglasses but dont wear them anymore.
I have Orange Racing shades now!
Probably the only person here in Croatia with these since i bought them in Cincinnati on a Business trip.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan