my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » From the Bathory website...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: From the Bathory website...
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 02, 2006 07:22     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Found this little nugget in the Bathory website...

(Quothorn discussing his early views on other bands, c.1985)

" - But realy, you were so much into your own thing at the time, you had very narrow horizons. For instance I couldn't stand Celtic Frost and Kreator at all and thought I hated them immensely. And the fanzines took great pleasure in passing that infromation on and on idefenately. I even remember once or twice pouring crap on Voi Vod even though I had actually never heard even one complete Voi Vod track. In 1999 or 2000 some time, somebody in Ontario anonymously sent me a bunch of recent Voi Vod CD's. So I had a listen to all of them and had to confess to myself how fucking great and truly original that was. So that was a revelation seventeen years too late."

Just who was this "somebody in Ontario", I wonder?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 04, 2006 06:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love the first two albums by BAthory. But in fact i only know those albums by Quornton. Are the rest any good??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 04, 2006 07:14     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You need Blood Fire Death.
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted August 04, 2006 08:29     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
I love the first two albums by BAthory. But in fact i only know those albums by Quornton. Are the rest any good??

Under The Sign Of The Black Mark

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 04, 2006 10:39     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You REALLY need Blood Fire Death.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 04, 2006 11:30     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
You REALLY need Blood Fire Death.

"Mirror Mirror on the wall i'm the fastest of 'em AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 04, 2006 22:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Be as fast as you want to, I'm just eloquent.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 08, 2006 09:21     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first two Bathory albums are pretty bad in my opinion but Under The Sign Of The Black Mark, Blood Fire Death and Hammerheart are all absolutely stunning. Twighlight Of The Gods is not bad but it went badly downhill for a while when Quorthorn opted for a 'back to basics' approach which backfired. Both Requiem and Octagon are poor and really for completists (like me!). Things did pick up considerably after that; Blood on Ice and Destroyer Of Worlds are pretty decent albums, definintely worth purchasing. Nordland 1 and 2 are worth listening to before you buy as they are both a bit hit and miss. But out of all of them Blood Fire Death is the best, even at 18 years old it is still an essential album and I have never tired of it. The title track is one of the greatest black metal songs ever written.

The three Jubileum releases are interesting too and feature unreleased stuff.

I never really liked the Quorthorn solo albums, they were a bit too 'rock and roll' for me.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 08, 2006 09:58     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I quite liked Quorthon's Purity of Essence double cd, myself.... especially for the guitar work. I feel it's where he truly shined as a guitarist. Enormous influence on my own playing.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 08, 2006 09:59     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Be as fast as you want to, I'm just eloquent.

Awwww... but i was only quoting "Pace Til Death"..

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 08, 2006 10:46     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, I admit you got me Villeneuve.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 08, 2006 11:03     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... Villneuve, he got fired yesterday cuz he sucks.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 08, 2006 15:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, one can only wonder what happened to a once great driver.

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 08, 2006 17:31     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good ridence to the miserable fucker. Great first year, but a whiny cunt for the rest of his F1 career.

Yay for Button! FINALLY!!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 08, 2006 19:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never liked F1. The more money you put into it the better the result and that sucks. This has nothing to do about sports.
Oh why should i bother, This was about the great quornthon. sorry about that.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan