my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » katorz promo cds on ebay

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: katorz promo cds on ebay
Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted July 26, 2006 09:28     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Knowing the big date of the release was coming I checked ebay.com and searched for some digipack auction....and I discovered the usual promos we all know about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VOIVOD-KATORZ-PROMO-CD-ALBUM_W0QQitemZ220009542929QQihZ012QQcategoryZ1574QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem http://cgi.ebay.com/Voivod-Katorz-Rare-Promo-CD_W0QQitemZ260011995248QQihZ016QQcategoryZ43638QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I tried to understand how to report the fraud to ebay, but couldn't figure it out...can someone help me?

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

|  IP: Logged
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted July 26, 2006 11:20     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Search for "Report this Item" at the bottom of the page. You'll find the rest of the process pretty self explanatory.

I doubt that ebay will ignore your request either... they do follow guidelines but only if pressed.

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted July 26, 2006 16:36     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Morgoth_Mothman:
Search for "Report this Item" at the bottom of the page. You'll find the rest of the process pretty self explanatory.

I doubt that ebay will ignore your request either... they do follow guidelines but only if pressed.

Oh, how we've all become little internet policemen, reporting the sale of promo cds, what a petty crime.

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted July 26, 2006 19:43     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They were being sold on Ebay prior to the album release as well. Which does kinda suck given that the cds were for reviews not retail.
Now the album is out I guess they are just collector curios though.

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted July 27, 2006 04:19     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
They were being sold on Ebay prior to the album release as well. Which does kinda suck given that the cds were for reviews not retail.
Now the album is out I guess they are just collector curios though.

Exactly, it's not really a crime now is it.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 27, 2006 06:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would bet most people willing to shell out $$$ for promo items that are "not for sale" are the same people that will buy the official release as soon as it comes out. I know I'm one of those people, and for the bands I'm a rabid collector of, this is true. Yeah, it sucks that the band doesn't get any money from the sale of these items, but I think only collectors are buying them, and they are the people who support the band and buy most everything they can get their hands on. I don't really see how this is worse than the album being leaked online.

just my $0.02

BTW: How many die hard collectors of Voivod DON'T have a few promo items in their collection? I'm talking cds, vinyl, cassettes, posters... all these items that are made to promote the band's albums are things we want to own for our collections.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 27, 2006 14:41     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just bought one the other day, REALLY cheap too, so

promo

There are several reasons I went ahead and got it. One of them being I think the promo is a little different sounding. Two, it was really cheap and the auction was ending in one minute so I jumped on it. And three, I wanted one. Of course I already bought the official version...

--------------------

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted July 28, 2006 05:08     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by escubria:
Oh, how we've all become little internet policemen, reporting the sale of promo cds, what a petty crime.

Comrade,
I buy and sell stuff on ebay and have become all too familiar with its systems and quirks. I was just answering someone's query.

All that happens is that they delist the offending item. Hardly the fucking SS in action is it?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 28, 2006 05:14     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Morgoth_Mothman:
Comrade,
I buy and sell stuff on ebay and have become all too familiar with its systems and quirks. I was just answering someone's query.

All that happens is that they delist the offending item. Hardly the fucking SS in action is it?

I thinketh he (Escubria) is on your side, Hoss.

--------------------

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted July 28, 2006 06:44     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuke Fewz:
I thinketh he (Escubria) is on your side, Hoss.

Oh dear. Have I misunderstood a tongue-in-cheek comment? Sorry, escubria.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan