my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » METALLICA Members Are Among 'The Biggest Wusses … Ever!'

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: METALLICA Members Are Among 'The Biggest Wusses … Ever!'
Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted July 24, 2006 01:27     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
METALLICA Members Are Among 'The Biggest Wusses … Ever!' - July 23, 2006

METALLICA has made Blender magazine's list of the "The 25 Biggest Wusses … Ever!" The list, which was published in the magazine's July 200 issue, "salutes the most awesomely wimpy musicians of all time." In the short write-up explaining METALLICA's inclusion on the list, the Blender editors state, "The haircuts were lame and the anti-Napster crusade lamer, but neither prepared fans for the soppy bitchfest that was 'Some Kind of Monster': The once-throttling metalheads dropped $40K a month on a touchy-feely life coach in a Cosby sweater who played master to METALLICA's puppets. Lars and James bicker and weep throughout, but neither has the decency to just go ahead and slug the other. Wussiest moment: Lars's ego is crushed by his gnomish father who, upon hearing a new song, sagely advises, 'I would delete that.'"

To view the entire list, visit www.blender.com.

|  IP: Logged
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 24, 2006 01:48     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hooray for papa Ulrich!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 24, 2006 13:02     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still like Metallica, and I liked Some Kind Of Monster. St Anger had a lot of good riffs they just didn't get patched together correctly to form good songs. Hetfield can downpick faster than I can, and it's a good thing that he quit drinking. Metallica were so good in the old days that I will always listen to their new material with an open mind (please disregard my initial St. Anger review from a few years ago) because there's hope that they can do it again.

Keep hope alive!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan