my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » KATORZ official release review (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: KATORZ official release review
Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted August 06, 2006 07:40     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking Hell!!! i got my CD one week ago, i bought the lim. silverbox directly from Nuclear Blast and i can simply say I LOVE the new record!!! I listen to them more than 20 times and it is a GREAT Album.

To the Band:
Respekt!.... to make it real,thank you so much!!! it must be a very strange work for you. The silence guitar parts are going straight into Heart and some of Piggy's solos are heart rending. I hope you bring us more records from the material that you found!!

Denis lives forever and you guys RULES!!!

Now playing: odds and frauds

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 06, 2006 10:28     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So it showed up on Friday and I had no time to have a proper listen, so I took it in the van with me while I ran errands with the kids. Got to hear it 3 times and while it wasn't a real intense listen, I really dug it right off the bat. Finally got a chance to have a pretty decent listen (only interrupted a couple of times ), and I must say that I love this album.

Highlights...hard to say at this point, but Red My Mind, Polaroids, After All and Mr Clean are really infectious. A nice headphone session is scheduled for later today when the famly fucks off for a couple of hours. I'm really looking forward to fully immersing myself in it - the way a Voivod album should be enjoyed. I'm off to Tims for a coffee run, so I'll bring it along mand give it a spin. Tims is about 10 minutes away, so I'll get in a few tracks.

Proper review to come later tonight! Not like anyone cares, but it's my fucking duty to write one and post it all over the internet.

Joe
VoivodFan
Member # 634

posted August 07, 2006 12:22     Profile for Joe   Email Joe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally got it, I like it.. It makes me almost feel like if Piggy was still alive and playing there for me/us..

Thank you guys, from the bottom of my heart.

--------------------

The Heavy Metal Crew, join us!

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted August 08, 2006 08:04     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd heard the leaked release maybe 5 times through, (except polaroids - 50+ times its my fave song of the moment!)

Got the CD through finally last week and I've listened to it every night since while doing the dishes.

Its a great album. I thought it was all a bit samey at first - through the muddy sound of the download thru my cheap headphones, but a listen through with the lyrics to hand and some VOLUME to it, brings it to energetic kicking seething spiteful life!

This is like a bands debut album it has so much energy, invention with the riff progression and political angst.

Superb stuff. Polaroids is the best Voivod track since the Nothingface album.

Mr clean, Red my mind, the getaway, all great.

The only song that hasn't fully won me over yet is No angel, but its atmospheric start is drawing me in. No doubt a listen after a few doobies will sort that out.

In short. Thankyou Voivod! For continuing with piggy's recordings.

And where in the UK can I get my hands on some voivod T shirts!

years ago my mum (rip) sent a cheque to Noise Records (greyhound road london) for a dimension hatross hoody and a T shirt as a birthday present for me - but they kept the money and never sent out the shirts.

So it feels like i've been cursed never to own voivod clothing ever!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 09, 2006 23:04     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have finally gotten a chance to give it a couple of good listens. goddamn, this record is catchy! Riffs and lyrics keep popping up in my head when it's not playing. Not playing? Fuck, that has to change right now. Ahh...that's better. Red My Mind. Fave tune so far. The guitar during the chorus is the coolest thing since We Are Not Alone (best song off TOL imho).

The whole thing is fantasic. The production is nice and raw. A bit like the S/T, but it sounds morelike a band playing live and recorded right of the floor. Amazing, considering how it was actually done. The performances are spectacular. Jason's bass growls and drives like a beast. If that's a 10 watt amp, I fucking want one just like it! That tone is killer. Snakes vox haven't had this much venom in them since KT, and I love it. Away's drum sound is fucking great. Best he's had since Nothingface. His playing is mind blowing. And Piggy's guitar...wow. His tone is similar to Nothingface crossed with the S/T. I'd love to know what guitars and amps he played on this. His riffs are the best. The acoustic interludes are creepy as hell. Dig 'em. You can thell that the rest of the guys gave it 110% to honor Piggy, coz you can feel the determination, excitement, and passion for the music coming out of the speakers. He's out in the cosmos nodding his approval for sure. I don't know what else to say except that for me this is the best album of the 00's, and I'm still digesting it and finding new things I love about it. Just my opinion, but this is their best work since TOL. Not dissing any of the Eric-era or anything (love those - hope to hear the "unreleased" gem that's floating around out there), but this album fucking rules.

Voivod rules. To The Death.

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted August 16, 2006 00:56     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey,Newclear...just read your comments in the early August thread...merci! For all of us listeners who are really deep "into' this new album,we share the "Katorzoned-out" effect..the songs stick in yer subconscious...catchy and infectious-"Mr.Clean" reminds me of a local show i went to(some friends were playing in a band as part of a "Noisefest")on last Friday. I was blasting the cd when I came up to this all-ages club that had some hassles(cops,residents) in the past and that song was on when I parked my car. Hopefull,this club will keep going and the kids can hear the "message blowing thru the speakers"...Seeing all these horrid fucking strip malls(devoid of any unique personality-cultural or otherwise)was also a reminder...maybe when it gets really cold here in H-Town(Planet Hell)about Dec..Jan?,it'll remind me of "Polaroids"....

---------------------------------------------
"Mr.Clean says-last call for the rascals"

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted September 09, 2006 14:01     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Katorz is wicked Voivod rockin out! Thats some real great stuff. Damn it sounds great loud on good speakers, a lot of stuff comes out of the mix.I wont say much more except that I can't get it out of the cd player!

Fuck we are so lucky and spoiled to have this music!!!!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan