my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What a glorious day! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: What a glorious day!
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 22, 2006 12:38     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my copy of Katorz in the mail today! I'm loving every single second of this. So very Voivod!

Somehow though, I just can't keep a dry eye.

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 22, 2006 12:46     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! That was quick. You have mail delivery on Saturday?
Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted July 22, 2006 13:28     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just got my copy also and the cool freebies.

a new sticker,a new patch and the Katorz poster

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 22, 2006 14:15     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I live a little bit further away. Today there was Aardschok Magazine where a long interiew was with Away. Could keep my eyes dry also.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted July 22, 2006 17:51     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just checked my mailbox after reading the above posts, and lo and behold, I ALSO HAVE BEEN KATORTZED!!!! Kudos to the End Records for such efficient service.

Now, it is time.....

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 22, 2006 17:53     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The End Records rules!

FUCK YES!

THE perfect birthday gift.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted July 22, 2006 18:38     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SWEET!!!
So does everybody get gifts on Luna's birthday every year?

Stargazer
VoivodFan
Member # 831

posted July 22, 2006 19:19     Profile for Stargazer   Email Stargazer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I told you it was deep and cleansing

--------------------

Etenity lies ahead of us,
and behind....

Have you drunk your fill?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 24, 2006 18:13     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
I just can't keep a dry eye.

I have the same symptom. But it's NICE.

Just got mine today, trying to get settled in and absorb the REAL thing. Only been through a few songs so far, and the official release is VERY different than the "leaker". Everything isn't amped up, it's perfect; meaning crisper sound. And I think the interludes are different too, I don't know, maybe I am hallucinating, but they aren't the same as the DL version.

What a special day this is, indeed. It's been 3+ fucking YEARS!!!!

I'll comment further once I take all of this in

--------------------

Nanoman
VoivodFan
Member # 622

posted July 24, 2006 18:48     Profile for Nanoman   Email Nanoman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Recieved my copy of Katorz (with the extras) last Saturday. Very cool indeed (though I kinda wish the poster was rolled up but hey, its still bloody awesome - just a little creased!)
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 24, 2006 23:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY KATORZ!!!!!

maybe tomorrow

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 25, 2006 04:26     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY KATORZ!!!!!

maybe tomorrow

checked the mail today also, no Katorz. No prob. will come in time.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 25, 2006 11:57     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Went out and bought it this morning. Yay!!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 25, 2006 12:09     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my "Katorz with extras" parcel on Saturday... Beautiful!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 25, 2006 18:05     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
got the last one at Best Buy an hour or two ago... gonna check out the lyrics later tonight....

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted July 25, 2006 18:36     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
got mine earlier this morning

the thing hit the stores right on time!

now I really need my home internet access back, so I can order the vinyl...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 26, 2006 14:49     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still nothing......

you think they ship it???
Hope not.

--------------------

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted July 26, 2006 19:45     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm still waiting here too Paul.

I'm hoping the goods will arrive next week... fingers crossed. At least your cd has less of a distance to travel than mine.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 27, 2006 05:38     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
I'm still waiting here too Paul.

I'm hoping the goods will arrive next week... fingers crossed. At least your cd has less of a distance to travel than mine.

Yes, that my friend is true. It is about 1000 kilometers closer to Canada...
But i am on a holiday in Scheveningen next week. So when it arrives next week can't play it until 07 august or so..

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 27, 2006 08:26     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still hasn't received it here in the far away tundra of Canada. Or maybe the mailman was eaten by polar bears... AGAIN!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 27, 2006 09:48     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also got the promo package from The End, with like 18 Katorz stickers, 3 logo ones, 2 Katorz posters, 4 Alternate Endings samplers, and more poster and stickers (Agalloch, Unexpect, Dissection, Ulver, and Giant Squid). The End is awesome!

I bought the album at the local store tho (14.99)... the promo stuff i requested weeks ago.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 27, 2006 10:51     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got my copy yesterday via Bandmerch, since I ordered the CD + 2 t-shirts bundle. They only sent out the CD, probably to meet the official release dead-line, the t-shirts are said to follow shortly. I guess I'll get the other goodies with the t-shirts...

That being said, the official release does sound alot better than the leaked version I couldn't resist downloading (but I knew 110% I would buy it no matter what). I'm guessing the leaked version was the non-masterized version, wich sounded a bit weak and waaay too clean. The official CD sounds more aggressive and rich...

I'm giving it a couple more listens before I post my personnal review...

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 27, 2006 12:40     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:

I'm guessing the leaked version was the non-masterized version, wich sounded a bit weak and waaay too clean. The official CD sounds more aggressive and rich...

I'd say you are ecactly right. I haven't heard the leaked version, but from what you've described, it sounds like the unmastered version is what's out there. Overall mild EQing, compression, and gain can make all the dfference at the hands of an experienced mastering engineer.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 28, 2006 05:10     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not released until Monday over here... Between me and the missis we've already got 4 different copies on order! Can't wait to hear the fully mastered version on vinyl.
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted July 28, 2006 23:30     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My copy finally arrived here in New Zealand!
Cool stuff... got the badge/sticker/poster set from The End.

Voiovooooood!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan