my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Say what?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Say what?
GarbageDay
VoivodFan
Member # 361

posted July 18, 2006 20:26     Profile for GarbageDay   Email GarbageDay     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interview (Snake) Here:

"3. With the untimely passing of the amazing Piggy will Voivod be touring or performing on Katorz.

Not for Katorz, we might do a tribute show for Piggy with guest guitarists but that’s all we have for now besides studio work for more releases. Right now, it’s really hard to plan a future for Voivod if there is any, without Piggy. He was the leader and the maestro. However positive I can possibly be, I found that this is mission impossible. We eventually have to sit down and talk about it."

"9. If you were to tour on katorz which I hope you do what guitarist would you bring on the road or maybe a couple that would be interesting to you.

Like I said earlier, everything remains uncertain. But I know that Andreas from Sepultura would like to help us out. We’ll see."

Hmmmmm.

Interview (Snake) Here:

--------------------

www.molokovellocet.com

|  IP: Logged
Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted July 18, 2006 21:08     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well with the departure of Igor Sepultura are probably on their way out. From that standpoint it could make sense.
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted July 18, 2006 21:58     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's been fairly consistent in most of the recent interviews as far as talk of doing any live stuff is concerned.
Once they have made the next album it'll be interesting to see what they intend to do from there. It will probably be the last proper Voivod album (although they have a bunch more recorded stuff from Piggy).
Touring and live gigs in general are a means of promoting the band's current album so, they may find a stand in for Piggy to play the odd gig.. but I can't see them doing a full on world tour.
There will come a time when they'll just have to put the Voivod machine into shutdown mode and carry on perhaps with a brand new project.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 19, 2006 08:30     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
There will come a time when they'll just have to put the Voivod machine into shutdown mode and carry on perhaps with a brand new project.

I think I already said that somewhere, but they could go with a Voivod II kind of concept, like it's Voivod, but in a different phase. Snake, Away and other members, with a new name, maybe.

Plus, there's Away's new band, Kosmos. And we know that Snake can kick ass outside of Voivod (Union Made).

I just hope that they don't disapear in the fog, and that they keep making music!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 19, 2006 13:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
I just hope that they don't disapear in the fog, and that they keep making music!

Together!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 19, 2006 13:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
I think I already said that somewhere, but they could go with a Voivod II kind of concept, like it's Voivod, but in a different phase. Snake, Away and other members, with a new name, maybe.

Plus, there's Away's new band, Kosmos. And we know that Snake can kick ass outside of Voivod (Union Made).

I live this idea much better. Let the name of Voivod rest after Piggy.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 19, 2006 14:42     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cant see them doing a Voivod II thing.
Sure is an interresting idea though!
Unfortunately, i have the feeling that all this will evolve to the point where everyone in in different bands
and Voivod will sadly be no more.
Breaks my heart to think about that scenario...but i think we all know that it will happen eventually.

IF Voivod do anything live with guests...then i really do hope its filmed for a DVD.
Surely one of us Millionaires could come up with the cash to Produce it!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 19, 2006 19:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Surely one of us Millionaires could come up with the cash to Produce it"

Mez... this means YOU. Alll that real estate you're selling could certainly finace a multi camera surround sound recording in a cool club. Hell you can even put your best Real Estae broker's face in the credit to generate more buisness.

Honestly, I would love to see a fitting live tribute to the legend that Piggy was and will always be, and I would love to see Snake and Away "Carry On" under a different name with some other musicians.
Hell, how a bout a canadian reality show where the guys have guitars from all around the world audion for the band, and each week one would get voted out until only the best remained.

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 20, 2006 08:55     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Hell, how a bout a canadian reality show where the guys have guitars from all around the world audion for the band, and each week one would get voted out until only the best remained.

THAT'S A GREAT IDEA, HOW COME NO ONE HAS EVER THOUGHT OF THAT!

Than some guitar player dude could come up on stage and say: "I'm going to play you a song by Switchfoot! When I look for inspiration, I look at Switchfoot!"

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 20, 2006 10:20     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No contest. I would win. I'd just turn up, look them in the eye and say "dudes, come rock with me"
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 21, 2006 09:41     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why would they stop making music together if they enjoy it and the chemistry is good?

Of course I'd drop the Voivod name in respect for Piggy (maybe call themselves Warriors of Ice?)...

And they better do that Piggy tribute show, Montréal deserves a Voivod-orgy night to compensate for that arena show in 2003 that cost way too much if you only cared to see Voivod. (I always wondered why they never made a proper Montréal show at Le Medley or another smaller venue like that).

For that Piggy tribute night, I want to see on guitars : Andreas Kisser (who still has a Voivod sticker on his guitar and is a well-known fan) and Dave Grohl (another fan). On bass, I want to see along with Jasonic the allmighty Blacky *and* Eric Forrest. If they do a Piggy tribute they have to cover the entire Voivod albums, thus the presence of Blacky and Forrest. And they should play at least 2-3 songs from every single albums...

I think that tribute night would be the perfect excuse for the actual and former members to put their differences aside for one night and just jam together in Piggy's memory...

Man I get goosebumps just imagining that show...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 21, 2006 10:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
"Surely one of us Millionaires could come up with the cash to Produce it"

Mez... this means YOU. Alll that real estate you're selling could certainly finace a multi camera surround sound recording in a cool club. Hell you can even put your best Real Estae broker's face in the credit to generate more buisness.

Honestly, I would love to see a fitting live tribute to the legend that Piggy was and will always be, and I would love to see Snake and Away "Carry On" under a different name with some other musicians.

Give me another 2 years.........(wonder how hard it is to get a canadian license?)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan