my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » METAL a Headbangers journey dvd

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: METAL a Headbangers journey dvd
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 16, 2006 00:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just finished watching this cool documentary that a friend gave me as a birthday gift, and it was very entertaining and enlightning. Interesting interviews witha wide variety of legends from various genres including a segment with Piggy and Away (only Piggy speaks). This guy traveled the world to get this documentary assembled and it's definitely was a labor of love for him to create this film. Of course there's tons of stuff that wasn't covered but overall this is worth having. My girlfriend (who is by no means a metalhead) enjoyed it a lot also, and it gave her a better understanding about the cuture and the people that enjoy this type of music.

check it out

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted July 16, 2006 00:52     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, saw this in DC when they did the premiere here as part of a filmfest. The guy who made it was there to present it and seemed to really be a longtime/knowledgable fan of metal. Well done documentary.. plus got many important names to appear. Look forward to seeing it again on DVD!!
Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 16, 2006 09:13     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its been on my netflix queue... ive heard a lot of good things about it...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 16, 2006 13:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i watched the rest of the 2nd dvd, with the special features, this morning and there are lots and lots of extra footage from interviews with everyone including interviews with people that didn't even make the feature. There more with Away on the origin of Voivod and Piggy about how they came up with their unique sound. They also have a tribute and mention his passing after the segment is finished. They even talfed with Daryl and Vinnie Abbott and mentioned Dimebag's passing. I found it odd the interview wasn't included in the feature especially with how much Dimebag has influenced so many guitarist.

You all need to buy this dvd.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 17, 2006 08:52     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A lot of people criticized some of the people he talked to like Slipknot etc...but I thought they all spoke well, especially Zombie, I forget what he said but it was something about fan's growing up with metal and how it wasn't just a stage you would go through like other genres...thought that was spot on.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 17, 2006 13:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
everyone that was interviewed was very intelligent except for a few of the scandanavian death metal freaks, a couple who only knew the word FUCK... which was actually kinda funny. Dee Snider, Dio, Alice Cooper, Zombie, Piggy and Away and the others were were great. Very good qestions and answers from all.

--------------------

yawn

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted July 18, 2006 17:03     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was Lemmy in this? Just curious...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 18, 2006 17:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lemmy is all over this documentary. The 2nd dvd with bonus features has a section called "Lemmy at the Rainbow" which is the complete interview with the legend. Ugly funny smart and talented... a true metal god!!!

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 04, 2006 22:31     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heavy metal foosball!!!!!
haha...just watched this.
Excellent job Mr. Dunn. *patiently awaits arrival of part deux*
I almost choked up and cried when Piggy came on the TV screen...sniff.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 04, 2006 23:11     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally got off my ass and rented it last week. Fuggin awesome.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 04, 2006 23:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This sounds like a must.

The Lemmy part (along with Piggy of course) fascinates me.

I had the pleasure of Lemmy calling me a "Phantom of the Opera" when I was drunk and sorta snuck up behind him backstage, it was classic! The conversation only encircled Hawkwind, and acid ( he brought that up), no Motorhead talk LOL And 2 minutes later he was gone....

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan