my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 'Metalstorm: The Scandinavian Black Metal Wars' Canadian Premiere July 13

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'Metalstorm: The Scandinavian Black Metal Wars' Canadian Premiere July 13
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted July 13, 2006 09:07     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Canadian premiere of "Metalstorm: The Scandinavian Black Metal Wars" will happen on Thursday, July 13, 2006 at Zeke Gallery in Montreal, Quebec. The film was compiled by Cinemuerte's Kier-la Janisse.

In 1991, the singer of the seminal Norwegian black metal band MAYHEM was found dead in his apartment of a self-inflicted shotgun wound. A photo of his mutilated body graced the cover of MAYHEM's subsequent album. This was to be the first in a series of violent events associated with the increasingly fearsome black metal scene in Scandinavia, which over the next few years would escalate to include the burning of nearly 100 churches and culminating in the murder of MAYHEM guitarist Euronymous by fellow band member Varg Vikernes (a.k.a. Count Grishnackh). This in-house documentary contextualizes these events to tell the frightening and tragic story of an unholy war that has left a grim legacy for metal fans the world over.

The showing will be preceeded by three black metal videos directed by Pat Tremblay (ROSTRUM's "The Lust of Raping your God" and "I'll be Saved" plus BODYSERPENT's "Ruler"). Short films by Kenneth Thomas ("Stethoscope") and Syl Disjonk ("Zordax 2: La Guerre Du Métal") will also be part of the night's program.

----

ZEKE GALLERY 3955 St-Laurent MONTREAL.
The screening BEGIN at 9:30 PM if you wanna see ZORDAX. More info of the program at www.cinema-abattoir.com

My my short post nuclear movie Zordax II : La Guerre du MÉTAL will also be screened at FANTASIA film festival on July 22nd at 3 pm.
Film description from the festivalHERE .

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan