my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Syd Barrett - R.I.P. (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Syd Barrett - R.I.P.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 17, 2006 07:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes... but: Once a canadian ALWAYS a canadian. It would be hard to say she she was wrong to leave canada for the fame and fortune and bright lights of Vegas... look at how cool Wayne Newton is for being a Vegas showman

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 17, 2006 08:56     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Made me think of this Canadian band who covered this song. Don't remember who they were...

Some one-hit-wonders.

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted July 23, 2006 13:30     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sad indeed. I'm glad to see that there's little here in the way of the drug-talk. The general populous seems to think that he "went crazy" from LSD but it's more along the lines of his having an autism-spectrum disorder, possibly Aspergers. Very sad indeed.

Proving once again that I'm an old codger, YEARS ago I had his autograph. It's now in a rock museum somewhere in Texas. I needed the $ to put a down-payment on something else, THAT was hard to let go!

Listen to the track "Opel" when you get a chance. Bye Roger, and thank you!

Best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 24, 2006 01:52     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
Sad indeed. I'm glad to see that there's little here in the way of the drug-talk. The general populous seems to think that he "went crazy" from LSD but it's more along the lines of his having an autism-spectrum disorder, possibly Aspergers. Very sad indeed.

Proving once again that I'm an old codger, YEARS ago I had his autograph. It's now in a rock museum somewhere in Texas. I needed the $ to put a down-payment on something else, THAT was hard to let go!

Listen to the track "Opel" when you get a chance. Bye Roger, and thank you!

Best,
PAULIE

"Roger?"

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted July 24, 2006 04:01     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup, his real name was Roger Keith Barrett.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan