my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Singer: 'We've Accomplished A Lot Of The Goals That We Had'

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD Singer: 'We've Accomplished A Lot Of The Goals That We Had'
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 08, 2006 18:35     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ON BBM Today:

Pat Douglas of the Great Falls Tribune recently conducted an interview with VOIVOD frontman Denis "Snake" Belanger. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

On the death of longtime VOIVOD guitarist and co-founder Denis "Piggy" D'Amour after a long battle with colon cancer and the band's decision to carry on:

"We didn't talk about music. Everybody was home and mourning. It was just too sad and I couldn't figure out what would be the next step. Sometimes I think Piggy was closer than my own family.

"When we put our heads to what we had, what Piggy left us, that point was the turning point. He put a lot of effort to put this together and I think we can do something with it. From that particular point, there was hope of trying to do something. We could see the light at the end of the tunnel, because before that it was complete darkness."

"Emotionally, it was tough. Just putting your headphones in and hearing the guitar, we're almost transported to another dimension. It was the weirdest thing. There was a lot of rage as well. It was unfair. The good ones die young, right?"

On the new album's lyrical approach:

"I didn't change (the lyrics) regarding Piggy's passing, or in reference to Piggy dying. I kept pretty much the same ideas, the same subjects, 'cause I knew what he liked about it."

On touring plans:

"We're going to be low key on this particular release because it's still fresh and we don't wanna jump right away with somebody else. I think after the next release, we'll be in a better position and better shape to figure out what we wanna do. I know (right now) my feeling is, I wanna rock with Piggy."

On VOIVOD's legacy:

"We've accomplished a lot of the goals that we had. Some we didn't, but you know, that's fate. Piggy was a big part of it because of his originality and his unique tone. His chords are very distinctive. We were part of this and we're still part of this even today with everything that's happened to us."

Read the entire interview at www.greatfallstribune.com.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 09, 2006 03:21     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So they are really gonna tour at some point? This is gonna be difficult for me, not only because Piggy will not be there, but just the overall vibe of the show, it is gonna be heavy no doubt.

And after the show, I gotta talk to the guys, hell. GOT to. Mandatory stuff

I think they should tour, it would be a good thing. I was totally against it at first, but there are really good things that can transpire.

Yeah, bring it

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 09, 2006 08:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm thrilled that they will tour again and I think it's a good idea that they wait till the next album comes out.

--------------------

yawn

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 09, 2006 10:00     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snake didnt say Voivod would do any touring.

He said:
"I think after the next release, we'll be in a better position and better shape to figure out what we wanna do."

Its still a mystery and only time will tell what they decide.
Whatever the decision...it will be in the best interests of the Voivod legacy.
My bet is that they wont tour ever again.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan