my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Deceased show review in Houston

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deceased show review in Houston
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted July 01, 2006 22:02     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found out from a friend of mine about Deceased playing at a club here(H-Town,Planet Hell..take yer pick it all feels the same during summer)called The White Swan.I met up w/some other rabid Deceased listeners at another club to try to find this place. It's a cozy cantina bar/club with a small stage area. We got there kinda late but they didnt't go on yet. It wasnt totally crowded but the rabid metal fans were there. King had a Phantasm shirt on and looked totally at home on the stage,being his usual gleeful maniacal way,bringing a morbidly contagious energy to the songs that was snapped up by the thrashing crowd-bodies flying,headbanging and the band was playing their decaying asses off ! They do stuff from "Fearless Undead Machines",
Supernatural Addiction","As The Weird Travels On" and early blasts from "Nuclear Exorcist"/"Luck Of The Corpse". I had a "Dimension Hatross" shirt and one of the guitar players had the "Korgull" design.
I wanted to hear them do the "Voivod" title track cover but they weren't able to do it this time..next time,King when u guys come back to Houston-I'll be expecting that!..Ha,ha. Anyways,they played for
close to an hour and a band called Hammerwhore was next,I was sore from the thrash attack and I had to work the next morning so I left after the third song...it was close to 3 am already but I got to talk w/King a bit--very cool,down to earth guy/fellow Voivod maniac and metal brother..you rule!!! One of the best shows I've been to in awhile....
---------------------------------------------
..."They will win,they will lose,Confrontation-both sides they use....

|  IP: Logged
king fowley
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 609

posted July 12, 2006 09:24     Profile for king fowley   Email king fowley     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great meeting you brother, and real cool 'dimension hatross' shirt! get in touch king@upthetombstones.com.

had a blast in houston and a fun fucking show indeed. next time 'voivod' for ya, or maybe even 'thrashing rage'

all the best! king

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 12, 2006 09:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell yeah, the King speaks!! Fearless Undead Machines is one of my all time favorite metal recordings......
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted July 13, 2006 01:39     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best Regards,King and thanx for the kind words!!! I will email ya soon... Thirteen days 'til the release of "Katorz"

---------------------------------------------"The riff came full pitch at my head-do you like it? I've got the brain damage...the ripping headaches!"

king fowley
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 609

posted July 15, 2006 11:25     Profile for king fowley   Email king fowley     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
but i've had it for forever now!

i'm ready for the next one

haha

cheers

king fowley
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 609

posted July 15, 2006 11:27     Profile for king fowley   Email king fowley     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks mezcalhead!~

almost missed your post in my faster than the speed of light read

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan